Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent are looking for outstanding candidates to join our successful Oil & Gas division within our Engineering and Consulting Services business. Within the Oil & Gas division, our services are focused on upstream operations engineering (i.e., maintaining safe and efficient operations for operators), and offshore engineering - encompassing fixed, floating, and subsea facilities. Having worked on over 1,000 oil and gas installations around the world, we are now the operators’ ‘go to’ company for difficult challenges in engineering, operations, life extension, and ultimately decommissioning, which is expected to be a growing market.
We have some 800 experts worldwide. Our structural Oil & Gas team works on some of the most exciting and varied projects in the onshore and offshore Oil and Gas sector, including front end design, consultancy studies, integrity management of topsides and subsea structures of fixed and floating assets, and decommissioning.
Our structural team also spans across the Offshore Wind and Low Carbon sectors, so there will additionally be scope to contribute to associated projects within these markets.
This opportunity is to provide day-to-day operational support to our clients’ assets, including live support and offshore enactment. We are looking for junior candidates of all levels.
· Support the delivery of structural projects for all types of assets for key North Sea clients for all types of offshore structures including fixed, floating, and subsea structures.
· Working as part of an integrated team covering client interaction and delivery from multiple locations
· Produce hand calculations and written reports, to linear and non-linear analysis work.
· Develop technical and project skills through targeted training, on the job experience, mentoring, and continuing professional development.
· Focus on the Oil & Gas market, you may also be called upon to support projects in other markets, such as supporting our industry-leading work in the offshore wind market.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Engineering degree, honours or equivalent in civil, mechanical, or structural engineering, naval architecture or similar.
· Demonstrable experience or university background in a relevant area of structural design or analysis.
· Ability to quickly understand and implement new areas of technical knowledge.
· An inquisitive attitude, and the drive to seek out and progress areas for improvement.
· Adaptability, and the ability to effectively manage and prioritise multiple demands.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to write accurate, detailed, and concise technical reports (e.g., design substantiations, bases of analysis and calculations).
· Ability to effectively engage with, and work as part of, a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
· Enjoy new challenges and are keen to learn, whilst also wanting to support others within our diverse multi-disciplinary teams.
· Working on multiple fast-paced projects, balancing the need for high-quality design and analysis with the need to deliver within required time and cost budgets.
· Experience structural design and analysis, with either a civil, mechanical, or structural engineering background
· Experience relevant to fixed and/or floating offshore structures, such as offshore oil & gas structures
· Experience of working in accordance with engineering design codes and standards would benefit the role, with the ideal candidate showing the ability to establish robust solutions working from first principles based on a strong theoretical understanding
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.