Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefsOur vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. About the job:
Kent is recruiting a Site Planner for their project in Kitimat, BCYour responsibilities:
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience: Qualification/ Certification:
- Liaise with the client on scheduling and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the overall planning and scheduling of the works in collaboration with the Workface Planners and Project Management Team to meet the client’s requirements.
- Maintaining and updating the weekly/monthly schedule and submitting to the client
- Maintain weekly look-ahead schedule and record potential issues.
- Review weekly look-ahead schedules with Construction & Pre-Commissioning Team prior to issuance.
- Liaise with client on the schedule and integrating with the client’s master schedule.
- Liaise with the procurement department on material supplies to site.
- Liaise with Workface Planners to ensure the IWP Release Plan and Target System Turnover Dates are in line with the approved contract baseline schedule.
- Liaise with the Workface Planners to ensure IWPs development priorities are as per the weekly lookahead requirements.
- Set up and maintain an early warning system (look ahead schedule) for deviations to contract baseline schedule and produce variance report and analysis to backup notifications to client.
- Report to the responsible Manager any area of delay that could affect the project schedule.
- Ensure KPI’s reports are produced and maintained. Monitor SPI and advise responsible manager of shortcomings.
- Record deviations from contract Schedule Baseline and advise Project Manager and Commercial Manager of same
- Primavera P6 Certified
- Diploma/Degree in an engineering discipline, preferably electrical engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in the industry
- Proven ability on MEIP Construction and Commissioning Projects.
- Experienced in their field of engineering.
- CSTS 2020 – Construction Safety Training System 2020
- WHMIS 2015 or WHMIS GHS
- Experience as a planner on major projects
- Able to communicate within a team, as well as clients.
- Knowledge of MS Project
- Solid commercial and contractual knowledge
- Must be a clear communicator
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) skills