If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
The Senior Process Engineer is responsible for contributing to all aspects of process engineering design to meet the technical competency expectations of Kent and its clients.
As a senior member of the Process Engineering team you will work closely and need to communicate effectively with the other disciplines, Kent management and client representatives to ensure the company’s reputation for high quality products and services is maintained.
All senior engineer roles include responsibility for business development, discipline input to estimates and proposals, and subsequent production of design deliverables within agreed budget and schedule constraints.
• Performing all work in accordance with the Kent Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Management System and within agreed time and schedule constraints.
• Provide expert advice and assistance to design and operations personnel on process issues across a variety of projects.
• Checking and review of work performed by other members of the process team and assisting with the allocation of work within the team.
• Pro-active contribution to the business development activity including client meetings, writing job bids and tenders as well as input into marketing efforts.
• Contribution to the professional development program of the process team.
• To review any design work carried out by third parties (vendors), and to participate in Hazops, Safety and Facility audits.
• Develop and maintain awareness of changes in relevant technology and design tools.
• To identify potential applications for new technology and to ascertain or develop ‘fit-for-purpose’ software solutions.
• Liaise with the other members of the process engineering team and other disciplines to ensure all design requirements are addressed.
• Liaise with clients engineering, construction and operations personnel to ensure all project requirements have been addressed.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
• Degree in Chemical Engineering.
• Chartered or working towards Chartered Engineer status
• Membership with a recognised professional body.
• Demonstrated experience in the oil and gas industry, with most of this in a multidiscipline design environment.
• Significant experience in the development processes employed within the oil and gas industry with particular experience in identification and screening of development concepts and FEED.
• Sound understanding of oil and gas project economics screening practices.
• Solid networking ability with some established local contacts.
• Some experience in Hydrogen and/or Ammonia production would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of HYSYS with dynamic modelling experience an advantage.
• Familiar with project execution and regulatory issues.
• Experience in the preparation of feasibility studies for oil and gas projects.
• Knowledge and understanding of applicable design standards.
• Familiarity with relevant Australian and International standards.
• Good knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
• Knowledge of various codes and standards such as API 520 / 521, AS, ASME / ANSI as appropriate.
The Senior Process Engineer is expected to have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience with delivering formal presentations to clients would be an advantage. It is expected that they will have solid networking skills and work actively to maintain that network and use it to develop opportunities for future projects.
Hydrogen Experience desirable, P&ID development, equipment & line sizing, material selection knowledge, technical assurance and review of documentation.