Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer (PMC). You will be an integrated part of the Project Management Consultancy (PMC) team managing projects on behalf of Kent and our Client. You will be required to support all phases of the projects to suit the needs and requirements of Kent as well as our client.
• Be a team player, collaborate, and add value to the assigned project
• Coordinate/Communicate with other disciplines, Contractor and Client.
• Review Contractor’s deliverables as required and ensure all Contractor’s engineering and design work performed meets quality, cost and schedule requirements.
• Ensure all Contractor’s design work is safe and carried out in a safe manner.
• Ensure all Contractor’s design work conforms to the codes and standards used by the Client or to agreed industry standards.
• If required, perform designing/engineering work/deliverables as part of the team.
• Ability to interpret Client specifications.
• Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system
• Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and advise Client, and ask for assistance when required
• If required, assist, and support junior personnel within the team
• Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in Process Engineering
• If required, provide support during fabrication, site construction, and commissioning activities
• Experience in all aspects of Process Design Engineering including performing process simulations, design calculations, Process Optimization, sizing & selection of equipment, depressurization calculations and flare network studies etc.
• Review of various engineering deliverables (Drawings & Documents) such as Process Flow Diagrams, P&IDs, Process Datasheets, Equipment Specifications, Heat and Mass balance, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control philosophies, shutdown philosophies, HAZOP Studies & reports, Operation & maintenance manuals etc.
• Review of specifications, datasheets along with verification of design & calculations.
• Review of Contractor’s documents, drawings, datasheets, specifications and calculations to check compliance with project requirements.
• Be fully aware of and implement, where appropriate, the latest International and National Standards, Codes of Practice, software and requirements of ‘good engineering practice’ for all work performed.
• Act professionally and with due diligence at all times to fully safeguard the interests of the Company in all business activities. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Client.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering
15 years relevant experience
Have worked for at least 3 years in similar positions for an international company.
• Communication Skills
• Work in office and Site based environments
• Capable of using the appropriate software
• Excellent interpersonal and analytical attributes
• Able to effectively communicate technical issues to peers and line manager (written and verbal).
Details about the role: