If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fuelled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
The Principal (or Senior) Process Safety Engineer is responsible for contributing to all aspects of process safety engineering to meet the technical competency expectations of Kent and its clients.
As a senior member of the Process Engineering team you will work closely and need to communicate effectively with the other disciplines, Kent management and client representatives to ensure the company’s reputation for high quality products and services is maintained.
All senior engineer roles include responsibility for business development, discipline input to estimates and proposals, and subsequent production of HAZOP and LOPA study deliverables within agreed budget and schedule constraints.
• Performing all work in accordance with the Kent Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Management System and within agreed time and schedule constraints.
• Facilitation of HAZOPs and LOPA studies for various clients in existing and new industries, including pre-workshop preparation activities and post workshop reporting activities.
• Leading and delivering desktop-based process safety scopes of work.
• Liaise with key stakeholders in client organisations to set the strategy and methodology for delivering the workshops and to also ensure the quality of Kent deliverables to the client.
• Provide expert advice and assistance to process safety personnel on HAZOP and LOPA studies across a variety of projects.
• Liaise closely with Kent’s junior engineers (workshop coordinators / scribe) in providing technical guidance as required.
• Checking and review of work performed by other members of the process team and assisting with the allocation of work within the team.
• Pro-active contribution to the business development activity including client meetings, writing job bids and tenders as well as input into marketing efforts.
• Contribution to the professional development program of the process team.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
• Degree with honours in Chemical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Membership with a recognised professional body.
• Demonstrated experience in the oil and gas industry, with most of this in a multidiscipline design environment.
• Significant experience in the development processes employed within the oil and gas industry with particular experience in facilitation of multi-disciplined HAZOP and LOPA workshops.
• Sound understanding of HAZOP and LOPA methodology.
• Solid networking ability with some established local contacts.
• Some experience in Ammonia production would be an advantage.
• Familiar with project execution and regulatory issues.
• Knowledge and understanding of applicable design and safety standards.
• Familiarity with relevant Australian and International standards.
• Good knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
• Knowledge of various codes and standards such as API 520 / 521, AS, ASME / ANSI as appropriate.