Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting for Senior Piping Engineer based in Mumbai office. Ensure that the Piping discipline engineering work is performed to the correct standard and within budgeted Man-hours
- Prepare verbal or written reports as required, stating the current workload in the group and whether it will meet set targets. If not, give the reasons why not and list the steps taken, or which need to be taken, to get back on target.
- Liaise closely with the various Project Engineers/Project Managers for whom the group is doing work. This will enable the latest developments, which may affect the schedule to be ascertained. Advise them of problem areas.
- Make sure that all the information needed by engineers to perform their work is available before they need it so that work progresses at a smooth and steady pace, on time and on target.
- Ensure that work done in the discipline is accurate and correct.
- Provide assessments for the Engineering and Operations Managers, on the performance of the various engineers/designers.
- Perform checking functions for more junior engineers by signing QA/QC check sheets.
- Ensure that any necessary reference material is readily available to engineers whether it be a National or Client Standard, Procedure or recognized Code of Practice. Also, ensure that the most commonly used vendor literature is available.
- Allocate work packages to suitable engineers, monitor progress against the schedule, resolve queries and generally expedite the progress of the design.
- Liaise with the relevant Engineering and Operations Managers with respect to resources and equipment requirements needed for the discipline to complete the work.
- Ensure that the discipline engineering work is performed to the correct standard.
- Ensure work performed within the discipline is executed within the allocated manhours.
- Computer literate – e-mail, spreadsheets and proprietary design software.
- Confident in his engineering ability and experience to handle queries and problems as they arise.
- Able to grasp the important facts in a project and to create a schedule of work for the discipline engineers which gets the work done on schedule and within the man-hours.
- Aware of the strengths and weaknesses of the group discipline engineers, allocate work accordingly, provide tuition to address the weaknesses and generally promote greater expertise within the group.
- Able to act as a Senior Engineer on a small/medium/large size projects.
- Able to assess value engineering and constructability issues.
- Any other adhoc duties as assigned from time to time.
- Maintain standards of HSE and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements. Take reasonable care of one’s own health and safety and that of others in the workplace. Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirement.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 10+ Years as an engineer in design engineering environment
- Leadership & Manhours estimation skills
- PC Skills include use of the various engineering & modelling software
- Previous working experience for major consultant, OEM, developer or EPCI.
- Experience in Senior Engineer role through concepts, FEED and detailed design.
- Awareness of certification requirements.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems.
- QA/QC Company Requirements
- Training Analysis
- Team management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical attributes
- Professional communication skills –Able to communicate with peers, customers, and vendors
- Using Tools/Machine
- PR/Developing Relationships
Details about the role:
Location: Mumbai, India
Relocation required: No
Travel required: No
Contract type: Permanent
Experience level: 5+ years