Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Senior Pipeline Engineer – Outside of IR35 to join the consulting side of our Engineering & Consulting business based in any of our UK offices.
· Delivering concept development and feasibility studies for challenging marginal, HPHT, and deep-water subsea developments in the Oil & Gas sector.
· Delivering FEED studies for offshore developments.
· Producing competent pipeline designs, with appropriate selection of materials, operating and design pressures/temperatures, fatigue resistance, pipeline sizing, and protection design.
· Assessing riser / j-tube re-use options and retrofit riser design.
· Developing pipeline routing and field layouts.
· Overseeing development of pipeline alignment sheets, platform and shore approach, crossings, and other pipeline-related drawings as appropriate.
· Preparing of pipeline specifications, data sheets, and material take-offs.
· Preparation of specifications and data sheets for bends, flanges, valves, actuators, and fittings.
· Engineering degree (honours or equivalent) in mechanical, structural, civil, naval architecture or similar engineering discipline.
· Proven success in delivering studies and preparing clear, concise reports against time, cost, and quality objectives.
· An understanding of pipeline constructability, fabrication and installation.
· An understanding of the fundamentals of subsea and pipeline engineering, and of regulatory frameworks, codes, and standards. Understanding of global buckling, limit states, and HPHT issues is considered advantageous.
· Experience of concept / feasibility design studies; experience of FEED for pipeline developments.
· Experience of pipeline testing, pre-commissioning, and commissioning activities is considered advantageous.
· Experience of cable routing, installation, stability, protection and crossing is considered advantageous.
· Experience in the design and assessment of CO2 and H2 pipelines is considered advantageous.
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic, reliable and mature approach to work.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.