If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for contributing to all aspects of mechanical and piping design to meet the technical competency expectations of Kent and its clients.
As a senior member of the Mechanical/Piping Engineering team you will work closely and need to communicate effectively with the other disciplines, Kent management and client representatives to ensure the company’s reputation for high quality services and service delivery is maintained.
All senior engineer roles include responsibility for discipline input to estimates and proposals, and subsequent production of design deliverables within agreed budget and schedule constraints.
• Perform all work in accordance with the Kent Quality Management and Health, Safety & Security System and within agreed time and schedule constraints.
• Provide advice and assistance design on mechanical and piping issues.
• Contribution and support other discipline teams.
• Contribution to the business development activity including client meetings, preparing proposals and tenders as well as input into marketing efforts.
• To review any design work carried out by other Kent’s offices, third parties (e.g. sub-consultants, vendors), and to participate in safety studies, design reviews, audits and the like.
• Develop and maintain awareness of changes in the relevant regulations, codes, standards, technology and design tools to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the mechanical team.
• Liaise with the other members of the mechanical/piping team and other disciplines to ensure all design requirements are addressed.
• Liaise with clients engineering, construction and operations personnel to ensure all project requirements have been addressed.
• Preparation of BODs, Scopes of Work, Technical Specifications, Data Sheets and Material Requisitions.
• Technical Bid Evaluation and analysis.
• Inspection and test verification for mechanical equipment.
• Preparation and / or checking and submission of calculations.
• Preparation and / or checking and submission of installation and commissioning procedures.
• Installation audits and equipment assessment (with third parties as required).
• Input into maintenance management activities including strategies, procedures, failure mode and consequence analysis, spares reviews, in-service performance (with third parties as required).
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
• Professional degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Chartered or working towards Chartered Engineer status
• Membership with a recognised professional body
• Values in-line with the extended Kent value set
• Team management skills including excellent communications skills
• Demonstrated experience in the oil and gas industry, with most of this in a multidiscipline design environment.
• Demonstrated skills in interfacing with established and new clients. Ability to identify new opportunities for the business and contribute actively to business development activities
• Demonstrated systematic and methodical approach to problem solving with attention to detail. Demonstrated initiative and lateral thinking skills in developing solutions and in the methodologies employed.
• Experience in the design, specification, bid evaluation, build and FAT, installation, commissioning and operation of packaged mechanical equipment (primarily static and rotating equipment and also piping systems)
• Knowledge of the development processes employed within the oil and gas industry and project execution and regulatory issues.
• Thorough understanding of applicable design standards including performance-based approaches and ability to communicate and influence others.
• Familiarity with relevant Australian and International standards.
Communication: The Senior Mechanical Engineer is expected to have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience with delivering formal presentations to clients would be an advantage. It is expected that they will have solid networking skills and work actively to maintain that network and use it to develop opportunities for future projects.
Vendor package Management, Hydrogen experience desirable, Experience with specifying mechanical Equipment packages (specifications, Datasheets & Material Requisitions, Vendor Data Requirement Lists VDRL’s), performing technical bid evaluation, recommendations for award. Post award management of mechanical equipment packages, review of vendor data and coordination with client reviews and incorporation into final IFC documentation.