Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting for Senior Hydrographic Surveyor for our PMC project in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Responsible for development of survey scope for all pre‐FEED and FEED project requirements in the corporate to ensure that the quality, value and timeliness of services provided to departments and business units meet objectives and business needs. Provide expert advice and technical services on Geophysical, Geotechnical, Environmental Baseline and ROV surveys. Provides support to Drilling & Marine Departments by delivering accurate survey data for offshore rig and barge moves.
- Perform survey and mapping activities in all the Company’s operating areas and presents the results in a suitable format to the different business units and other.
- Plan and execute overall survey projects for various field development activities and engineering design needs.
- Develop scope of work including quality assurance processes for geophysical, geotechnical, topographic, geodetic, environmental, meteorological, oceanographic, and aerial photogrammetric surveys.
- Defines geodetic references in Company’s offshore oil fields in conjunction with Company data sets to ensure coherence of references and continue to define the geodetic references in other company’s area of operation.
- Conducts hydrographic surveys in Company’s offshore concession areas using the chartered survey vessels, this includes bathymetric, and sides can survey to locate and map subsea pipelines and other seabed objects.
- Evaluate contractor’s technical competency and inspect survey vessels to pre‐qualify contractors, based on their adherence to ADNOC Offshore standards.
- Plans and produces technical specifications for all types of surveys carried out by the contractor.
- Ensures that the contractor has provided the company with all the required deliverables at the end of the project in the required accuracy and format.
- Manage the day-to-day operations, plan, and determine the local priorities and approaches to achieve results implement operational forecasts and manage the outcomes.
- Coordinate the preparation of survey reports and maps in consultation with relevant contractor and ADNOC Offshore. Quality control of all survey project plans and final reports, e.g. (data and maps and ensure that learning and improvements are applied to new projects).
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
HSE AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements. Take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace. Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirement.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hydrographic surveying OR equivalent courses in Hydrography.
- 5 years of survey experience in Oil and Gas Industry specifically offshore surveys
- Good technical writing skills for scope development and presentation skills.
- Certification from International Hydrography Organization (IHO) would be ideal
- Fluent in spoken and written English, Arabic is a bonus but not a pre-requisite.
- Highly self-motivated and ambitious
- Efficient Team Player
- Highly productive, well organized and with the ability to produce high quality calculations
- Good English communication skills (written and verbal)
Details about the role:
Location: Abu Dhabi
Relocation required: N/A
Location: Abu Dhabi