Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel
a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer (PMC). You will be an integrated part of the Project Management Consultancy (PMC) team managing projects on behalf of Kent and our Client. You will be required to support all phases of the projects to suit the needs and requirements of Kent as well as our Client.
• Be a team player, collaborate, and add value to the assigned project
• Coordinate/Communicate with other disciplines, Contractor and Client.
• Review Contractor’s deliverables as required and ensure all Contractor’s engineering and design work performed meets quality, cost and schedule requirements.
• Ensure all Contractor’s design work is safe and carried out in a safe manner.
• Ensure all Contractor’s design work conforms to the codes and standards used by the Client or to agreed industry standards.
• If required, perform designing/engineering work/deliverables as part of the team.
• Ability to interpret Client specifications.
• Consult Quality Assurance with any quality issues, ensuring compliance with ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality Plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures.
• Identifying issues and problems, developing appropriate solutions, advising Client, and asking for assistance when required
• If required, assist, and support junior personnel within the team
• If required, provide support during fabrication, site construction, and commissioning activities
• Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal / contract by raising technical queries with projects / client
• Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in Electrical Engineering
• Familiarity with the IEC and other international standards
• Review Electrical system Adequacy reports for brownfield modification and greenfield projects
• Experience in all aspects of power system design including power distribution, low and medium voltage, backup power generation, uninterrupted power systems, battery systems, grounding & Lightning protection
• Working knowledge of Electrical software’s like ECMS, Smart Plant Electrical (SPE), AVEVA, AutoCAD, ETAP, Dialux etc.
• Working knowledge of Electrical deliverables, such as, Technical Datasheets & Specifications, Requisitions, Technical Bid Evaluations, Electrical Load List, Plant General Arrangements, Layouts (Lighting, cable routing, Earthing etc.), Power Single Line Diagrams, Cable Block Diagrams, Cable Schedules, Interconnection Diagram etc. at detailed design level
• Working knowledge of Electrical Calculation/Selection, including Equipment Sizing Calculation, Cable sizing, Lighting calculation, etc.
• As required, participate in site surveys, review Contractor’s site survey reports and ensure it is as per actual site conditions
• Perform Contractors and/or Vendors Technical Bid Evaluations as required
• Being able to work with multiple and concurrently small and medium projects
• Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Minimum
15 years relevant experience
Have worked for at least 5 years in similar positions for an international company
• Communication Skills
• Work in office and site-based environments
• Capable of using the appropriate software
• Excellent interpersonal and analytical attributes
• Able to effectively communicate technical issues to peers and line manager (written and verbal).
Details about the role: