Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer - Outside of IR35 to be based in Woking.
· Undertakes specific tasks / area of work as defined by the Lead / Principal Engineer.
· Support preparation of Philosophies, Specifications, Shutdown Cause & Effect Charts, Schedules, Drawings & Diagrams, Datasheets and Technical Requisitions for Long Lead Items.
· Generation of MTO, Wiring and Loop Diagrams, Cable Routing and Equipment location diagram.
· Support design of Process Control System, Emergency Shutdown System, Analysers, Fiscal Metering Systems, CEMS, PAGA, Fire & Gas Detection, etc.
· Provides necessary input and support to project progress and reporting.
· Support C&I package design from enquiry through to FAT and installation on site.
· Participates in multi-discipline engineering design reviews including SIL reviews and provides all necessary C&I discipline input and support to the close-out of actions.
· Ensures compatibility and compliance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
· Ensures compliance with Kent’s ISO accredited QMS, and project specific procedures, guides and standard.
· Significant related experience of working for engineering/client organisations in the oil, gas, chemical, energy transition or adjacent industries.
· Extensive experience in the design of packages in both FEED and EPC environments.
· In depth knowledge of applicable international and industry specifications, standards and code.
· Experience in the use of software for C&I systems design.
· Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practice.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.
We’re a disability-friendly employer and can make adjustments to support you to perform at your best during the recruitment process. Please contact us confidentially at [email protected] to find out how we can support you.