Join us. Unleash your energy within. If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready? Our values:
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet. Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. About the job:Kent's Houston office is seeking a Senior civil/structural engineer as a discipline lead engineer with 10-15 years of experience in civil, structural and foundation design, analysis, and resolution of problems. Provide direction and coordination of civil structural design in Oil & Gas, Refining, and other industrial projects. Ideal candidate will be P.E. licensed and be able to seal drawings. Your Responsibilities:
Your Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience: Qualifications/Certifications:
- Provide structural and foundation design of medium to large size engineering projects.
- Define and review scope of work, prepare engineering estimate at both proposal and design level and schedule for civil/structural engineering portion of work in a project.
- Prepare accurate and complete designs and calculations as required to meet project requirements.
- Coordinate with other disciplines and assist projects to ensure effective quality product.
- Conduct field investigations and site walk down; produce field reports and scope of work.
- Keep up to date on new engineering processes, techniques, and standards.
- Develop and recommend improvements in engineering and design standards to lower cost and improve work quality and facilitate maintenance.
- Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used.
- Resolve project issues, problems and RFIs.
- Perform other duties as assigned such QA/QC on packages by other engineers and designers.
- BSCE degree, higher preferred.
- Approximately 10 to 15 years of hands-on civil/structural experience in petrochemical industry is required.
- P.E. license with the Texas State Board is required or can be obtained within 6 months.
- Five to Eight years of experience as a lead engineer in mid to large size projects is desired.
- Design and construction knowledge required.
- Knowledge of PIP Standards is required.
- Knowledge of civil/structural layout and design complying with industry standards required.
- Experienced with commonly used civil/structural engineering standards and codes including but not limited to IBC, ACI, AISC, TMS and ASCE codes as well as commonly used civil/structural engineering software.
- Experienced with seismic design requirements.
- Familiar with fire and blast loading and PFP.
- Experience contributing civil/structural content to single or multi-discipline basis of design documents.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word).
- Working knowledge of Staad Pro and Staad Foundation, RISA 3D suite.
- AutoCAD 2D/3D, NavisWorks
- Provide technical guidance to co-workers.
- Contribute to a team environment by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Work autonomously without direct supervision.