Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Civil/Structural Designer based in Baytown, TX. This position requires a thorough knowledge of civil/structural design.
The primary responsibility of this position is to produce 3D models and 2D extractions using Advanced Steel 2022, AutoCad 2022, and Civil 3D and to ensure that design documents are in accordance with current industry processes, procedures, and standards as well as client specifications. Another primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate all 3D activities between disciplines and to ensure the final drawings issued from the Civil/Structural Design Group meet the quality standards of the Company. The person in this position must have a positive work ethics, good interpersonal skills and good problem-solving skills.Your responsibilities:
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Perform checking on models and 2D drawings as required.
- Responsible for coordinating the 3D model and modeling activities and accuracy between civil/structural, piping and I&E groups.
- Work with civil/structural lead engineer in planning and design layout.
- Meet schedule and budget of civil/structural project design activities.
- Attend project meetings and assist in civil/structural man-hour estimates and staffing forecast.
- Capable of preparing both 2D and 3D drawings in an accurate manner that meets the industry, client and company quality standards.
- Conduct field investigations and plant site visits when needed, assist lead engineer to produce investigation report if necessary.
- Keep up to date on new design processes, 2D and 3D modeling, drafting techniques, and standards.
- Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower cost and improve work quality and facilitate maintenance.
- Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches or applying existing criteria in novel ways.
- Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used.
- Resolve design issues and problems.
- Contribute to a team environment by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Ensure alignment between all disciplines that are involved with 3D CAD to prepare for model reviews and issue deliverables.
- Minimum 10 years of civil/structural design experience preferably in Oil & Gas industry.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications for engineering design.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Ability to integrate new technologies into daily work processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience working with other disciplines and understanding their interface requirements.
- Experience with the design and/or construction of plants desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of civil/structural standards, methods, and practices.
- Survey and site experience is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years experience in refinery, midstream, petrochemical, or other heavy industries.
- Proficient in the following software: AutoCAD, Navisworks.
- Advanced design and construction knowledge required.
- Advanced knowledge of civil/structural layout and design complying with industry standards.
- Well versed with OSHA & PIP Standards.
- Strong experience in AutoCAD, and Navisworks required.
- Ability to generate 3D CAD foundation and steel models required.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred.
- Knowledge of SP3D/S3D is preferred.
- Knowledge of laser scan, LFM and Cloudworx is preferred.
- MS Office (Excel and Word) required.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to conduct field investigations and plant site visits.