Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
Job Description – Senior Expeditor cum Buyer
- Expediting of major packages and bulk items via phone and email
- Arrange KOM, Weekly Meeting with Suppliers
- Documenting all written and oral communication with suppliers
- Review of the key milestones outlined in the Supplier’s fabrication schedule to understand the expediting activities and requirements.
- Verify progress of order/fabrication with vendors.
- Maintaining all updated status within Kent’s expediting progress sheets
- Presents status of packages to project team and client during weekly meeting
- Proactively works to identify and resolve material delivery issues
- Reports any pending delivery delays to procurement lead and project management
- Maintaining constant contact with vendors and shipping companies while deliveries are in route
- Developing quality, long-term relationships with key vendor contacts.
- Highlight pre & post order concerns to management & client on weekly basis
- Supplier prequalification activities.
- Prepare RFQ package and send for project and client approval before issuing to Supplier.
- Invite offers, discuss and close commercial queries with suppliers.
- Coordinate for closure of technical queries between engineering and supplier.
- Negotiate prices and T&Cs, prepare commercial bid tabulation and recommendation for award and issue for internal and client approval.
- Prepare PO in Procurement system, coordinate for approval and issue to Supplier, obtain supplier acceptance and acknowledgement on PO.
- Process milestone Invoices.
- PO Closeout activities
- Bachelor of Engineering from a reputed college with 12 to 14 years of experience
- Diploma in Engineering from a reputed college with 14 to 16 years of experience
- MBA in Supply chain or Procurement certification will be an added advantage
- Expediting Process, Buying Process, Coordination with Engg, Quality, Logistics and Project.
- Should be strictly from O&G EPCM or EPC Background.
- Experience of Proposal procurement will be an added advantage
- Should have knowledge of Shared Service model.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience of handling suppliers in USA, Europe and Middle east
- Should be able to manage Packages independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Should be well versed with commercial & Legal terms related to Project PO.
Details about the role:
Location: Mumbai (candidate should be from Mumbai only, outside candidates will not be considered)
Relocation required: No
Travel required: No, since it is Desk expediting
Contract type: Permanent Role
Experience level: Senior Expeditor/ Buyer
Start Date: ASAP