Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Project Manager to be based in the Houston, TX office to support our FEL1 / FEL2 projects.
You will oversee execution of appraisal and concept select phase projects within Kent’s Houston offices.
You will act as the primary contact for clients regarding performance, progress, planning and opportunities of assigned projects and foster strong relationships leading to growth in project portfolios.
You will create and maintain an attitude of leadership towards the project team with respect to overall management activities including; quality assurance, engineering, and planning and controls, to achieve a quality project while respecting the established budget and schedule objectives.
Workforce Leadership and Management
- Demonstrate the leadership required to affect positive change, integrity and 100% responsibility for project results.
- Escalate project staffing concerns to the Kent Leadership Team.
- Participate in the implementation of Kent’s strategic tactics.
- Facilitate manpower levelling for the workload.
- Provide direct feedback and follow up on any corrective actions required to performance issues in engineering disciplines that hinder project performance.
- Deliver all projects to established targets (schedule, cost, and quality) and client expectations.
- Understand the Client’s strategic objectives for the project scope and articulate appropriate direction to the Project Engineering team for alignment.
- Ensure clarity and appropriateness of scope of work for fast-track projects being developed to the necessary level of technical definition to meet the client’s needs with an efficient volume of deliverables.
- Ensure that Kent’s contractual obligations towards the Client are met.
- Ensure appropriate resources are in place for project execution.
- Ensure necessary tools and methodologies are developed to support project execution.
- Ensure all project reporting requirements, both internal and external, are met.
- Manage and resolve project challenges through structured decision making.
- Oversee the development of project execution strategies for all projects and intervene when required to ensure proper project setup.
- Ensure all projects have a Project Execution Plan and Quality Plan as agreed with the Client.
- Ensure that project execution is adhering to the appropriate standards and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate cost and schedule controls are in place for each client. Intervene as required to ensure targets are met.
- Establish and chair monthly project review meetings.
- Participate in project management leadership meetings as required.
- Establish appropriate communication systems (e.g. meeting structures) to ensure that all required data and information necessary for the execution of projects are made available to the Project Managers / Project Engineers.
- Ensure cost estimates are developed for each contracted scope of work.
- Participate in the development and/or roll-out of new or improved project management tools, systems and/or work processes.
Business Development and Strategy
- Support the leadership team in the planning/development of future work with existing clients.
- Participate with Business Development team to solicit work from new and existing clients.
- Assign or take on Proposal Management as required, in the case a PE or PM is assigned provide oversight to them for proposal work.
- Be involved to review and give input to new contract terms with clients and sub-contractors.
- Provide input into the strategic plan for FEL1 / FEL2 when it comes to:
- New Clients
- New work and areas of responsibility with existing clients
- New stand-alone projects
- Continuity of work for Kent into FEED/FEL3 stages
- Procedures and Guidelines to be followed
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related technical degree from a four-year college or university required.
- Minimum 7 years direct work experience in a project management capacity.
- Prior experience in execution of FEL1/FEL2 projects preferred.
- In depth understanding of the Energy industry.
- Understanding of the engineering and construction industry by way of experience in past employment with EPC companies or clients.
- Self-starter with hands-on approach and out-of-the-box thinking in development of project execution strategies that win projects.
- Experience and proficient in stage gate process.
- Strong team player with exceptional communication and organization skills; focal point of all owner communication.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills