Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Project Engineering Manager that will manage and lead a team of multi-discipline Engineers to coordinate production of engineering deliverables in accordance with the project plan. In addition, be able to effectively manage the overall project budgets and schedule reporting as required.
The Project Engineering Manager has two key responsibilities: 1) Typically leads FEED projects with an estimated valuation up to £6million, executed within a 10-month timeframe. The PEM would follow a project from proposal handover through to project start-up and its final completion including potential support into Detailed Engineering. 2) Secondly, successfully manage large concept / Pre-FEED projects through to a smooth transition into FEED. This is a critical element for this position.
We are seeking high caliber, enthusiastic people for this key Project Engineer Manager role that have relevant talent and the positive drive to influence and be part of our exciting expansion plan.
The UK Engineering group will support a variety of interesting and challenging opportunities in Low Carbon/ Energy Transition (e.g., CCUS, Green Hydrogen, Blue Hydrogen, Offshore Wind, Waste to X, Emissions Reduction) as well as responsibly developing traditional international energy projects.
The Candidate should be confident to be hands on as we continue to grow, collaborative (including managing international workshare and team working). Committed to a long-term career within a high performing and close team are some of the key qualities we are seeking. We envisage opportunities for career progression within Kent organization for the successful candidate.
We operate a hybrid working model with a mix of office and home working to develop an effective team dynamic within Engineering.
· Manages the External (e.g., Client facing stakeholders) and the Internal (e.g. Lead disciplines, Engineering centers) on a project. This also includes project controls, procurement, and third-party contractors or suppliers.
· Capable of performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
· Familiar with Change management if required on a project.
· Has appreciation of multi-discipline engineering design activities. Manages all disciplines to achieve design consistency.
· Provides all necessary input and support to project progress and reporting.
· Where necessary, the Project Engineering Manager works alongside the Project Manager for large capital Pre-FEED/ FEED projects.
· Corporate reporting line is to respective Departmental/Group Manager.
· Typically works on a Pre-FEED, FEED, detailed design or EPC project.
· Bid preparation will play an integral part of this position; writing and supporting proposal development, bid approval and preparing project execution plans is key.
· Reviews the ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, prepares/reviews man hours estimate.
· Ensures compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to equipment selection/specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
· Participates in and may lead multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides all necessary input and approval to close out of actions.
· Provides assistance as and when required in the strategic procurement planning including for long lead items enquiry.
· Be able to Deputise for the Project Manager as needed.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Master's degree in engineering.
· Chartered Status preferred. Significant related project engineering management experience working for Engineering/Client organizations in the Oil and Gas Industry and or Low Carbon Energy Transition industry
· Experience of FEED/ Detailed Design and EPC projects.
· Cost, estimating and planning execution knowledge.
· Broad knowledge of engineering discipline activities.
· Knowledge of international equipment specifications and codes.
· Knowledge of standard international specifications and codes.
· Knowledge of Safety and Quality procedures.
· Ability to plan execution interfaces and takes corrective action with regards to engineering design.
· Global work experience.
· Excellent management, including delegation and leadership skills.
· Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
· Ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
· Analytical and problem-solving mind set.
· Proactive approach.
· High attention to detail.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.