Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Project Engineer that will be responsible for coordinating the production of engineering deliverables and provides progress reporting for a project in accordance with the project plan. Supports the management of the interfaces between engineering offices, engineering disciplines, project controls, procurement, and third-party contractors or suppliers. Senior Project Engineers may be responsible for an area of a large project or an entire project.
The Project Engineer is typically accountable to the Project Engineering Manager or Project Manager, depending on size and complexity of the Project. Corporate reporting line is to respective Departmental/Group Manager.
This is part of a recruitment drive during 2023 to develop and grow our Front End and General Engineering capability in the UK. We are seeking high calibre people for this key Engineering role that have talent, enthusiasm and drive to influence and be part of our exciting expansion plan. The UK Engineering group supports a variety of interesting and challenging opportunities in Low Carbon/ Energy Transition (CCUS, Green Hydrogen, Blue Hydrogen, Offshore Wind, Waste to X, Emissions Reduction) as well as responsibly developing traditional international energy projects. Being confidently hands on, collaborative (including international workshare and teamworking) and committed to a long-term career within a high performing and close team are some of the key qualities we are seeking.
We operate a hybrid working model with a mix of office and home working, for our team to develop an effective team dynamic within Engineering.
· Kent’s values are at the heart of everything we do. They make us unique, inspire our success, and guide our decisions and actions. The employee will be aligned with these values, striving at all times to be safe, innovative, responsive & cost conscious and driven to deliver.
· Coordinates the interfaces between the Engineering team and the Project Management team and ensures effective transfer of information between the two.
· Participates in the planning and scheduling of the scope of Engineering for the project and provides inputs to the project technical document register.
· Monitors the engineering progress, addresses shortfalls, assists in developing recovery plans where required and ensures plans are implemented. Provides feedback to Direct Supervisor and engineering discipline supervisors as and when required on the progress.
· Ensures participation of the engineering team members in project engineering reviews and assists in resolution of any issues arising out of the same.
· Attends project review meetings and ensures that associated reports are compiled and distributed accordingly.
· Ensures that interface issues between disciplines are addressed and seeks management advise and assistance where required.
· Assists in the production of the project execution plan and prepares the coordination procedures for the project.
· Provides progress monitoring and reporting against that plan. Implements corrective action with assistance from Direct Supervisor, as and when variations from plans occur.
· Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high profile issues with support from Engineering/Project services personnel and resolving with Project Management and Client.
· Coordinates preparation and presentation of the final documentation in accordance with requirements of the Client acceptance certificates.
· Participates in a formal review of the project with relevant parties on completion, and identifies opportunities for learning and development.
· Participates in employee performance evaluations, establishes performance criteria, identifies employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends training and development requirements.
· Ensures compliance with Kent’s ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality Plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures. Complying with other Kent accredited frameworks such as ISO14001.
· Ensures that the TDR and all project registers (eg Trends, action tracker, interface, TQ etc) are populated and maintained.
· Attend all key project and vendor meetings and minute where required by the PM or EM
· Performs related duties as and when instructed by Direct Supervisor.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Masters Degree in Engineering.
· Chartered Status preferred. Related experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil, Gas & Chemicals Industry and/or Low Carbon Energy Transition industry
· Good Coordination skills.
· Proactive approach
· Ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
· Experience of FEED/ Detailed Design and EPC projects.
· Knowledge of other engineering disciplines.
· Knowledge of international equipment specifications and codes.
· Knowledge of standard international specifications and codes.
· Knowledge of Safety and Quality procedures.
· Global work share experience.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.