Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that we’re far more than the sum of our parts together. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives and creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
This role provides cost tracking, analysis and control support to the Regional Capital Projects group. The regional locations are the following LyondellBasell manufacturing sites: Bayport, Channelview, La Porte and Pipeline operations
This position in the regional project controls organization will provide cost management support to capital projects. Typical capital portfolio includes concurrent support of 25-45 projects at multiple sites for individual projects (most less than $10MM). Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Active participation in the overall cost control process through the life cycle of the project.
- Ensures proper progress tracking and change management systems are in place and effectively functioning in detailed engineering and construction phases of projects.
- Provides proper variance explanation and root causes analysis of changes and maintains a trend log.
- Maps estimate to WBS structure for control/tracking or project costs.
- Prepares accurate forecast of total installed cost (TIC) for monthly forecasting and accrual reporting for assigned project managers and promotes a process for quality assurance process and timeliness for the site.
- Performs audits of invoices to ensure compliance with contractual obligations. Works directly with contractors/vendors and LYB Accounts Payable to resolve invoice issues. Expert knowledge of SAP financial posting transactions. Monitors and resolves backlog of invoices.
- Reviews contractor estimates and change orders for completeness and agreement with the project’s physical scope and schedule progress. Knowledge of project schedule functionality, interpretation of reports, and key terminology to support project forecasting.
- Prepare or review the Project Controls Plan in the Project Execution Plan (PEP) to ensure alignment with scope and contracting strategy.
- Creates/modifies SAP purchase requisitions based on appropriate Procurement Strategy and alignment with TIC Estimate accounts.
- Facilitates project closures by resolving GR-IR imbalances, and closing out project PO’s, Work Orders, and WBS elements. Monitors quantity and timeliness of project closure for the site. Participates in Lessons Learned for the Project.
- Generates monthly project report (PE-WP-380, narrative by PM). Validates quality and ensures timeliness of monthly reports for the site.
- Monitor performance against target for Labor Recovery including yearly resource budgeting and project activity allocations.
- Provides data for benchmarking and KPI reporting as needed. Knowledgeable in IPA reporting and terminology for accurate data collection.
- Attend and develop presentations for face to face meetings at the regional site locations.
- Assists with program standardization and enhancements and trains team members as applicable.
- Works with Capital Projects Manager reconciling the annual Long-Range Plan to ensure alignment with current funding, master data, and project schedule in the corporate database
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills to effectively evaluate project financial health and provides recommendations for success
- Comprehensive knowledge regarding project control concepts including estimating, risk management, and scheduling.
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills and the aptitude to work cross functionally
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and effectively manage multiple/changing priorities within strict timelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years of Cost Analyst/Controls experience, preferably in relation to petrochemical or refining industry projects.
- Power BI dashboard development or programming experience is a plus.
- Strong Knowledge of standardized cost guidelines (Engineering & Construction) and capital and expense policy and procedure. Mentors less experienced team members on these documents.
- Strong computer skills including SAP, Microsoft Office Products, Ariba, and/or Concur