We are currently seeking a Procurement Officer to join our team in the Perth Office. This is an exciting and varied role working across multiple projects. The Procurement Officer will be responsible for ensuring the company procurement duties are carried out to the highest standards, on time and with the highest financial gain to the Company.
Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our Purpose and Beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the role:
You will be working within the Procurement Team on various Projects (Pre-FEED; FEED, EPC, EPCM) providing procurement services such as sourcing; request for tenders/pricing/quotes; commercial bid tabulations and evaluations; recommendations; raising and issuing purchasing orders; and expediting. You will be responsible for the following:
· Work with the Procurement Manager and greater Procurement Department on oil & gas / Hydrogen FEEDs through to EPC executions, and project close-outs.
· Assist with the preparation of project procurement plans.
· Administer & manage the prequalification of suppliers and subcontractors in developing Project Approved Supplier Lists (ASL).
· Prepare, issue and expedite inquiry packages and Request for Tender/Pricing to the market, and to approved suppliers.
· Review supplier bids and prepare commercial bid tabulations in line with procedures.
· Coordinate the flow of bid evaluations for technical and commercial approvals.
· Maintain strong control of your procurement workflow to align with the required schedule of activities.
· Be aware of project approved budgets for items being purchased and target achieving these budgets as a minimum.
· Manage commercial bid tabulations for recommendations and approval.
· Raise and commit Orders on a timely basis ensuring the full approvals process is followed.
· Assist in expediting materials to site where required.
· Ensure that all major orders for projects are based on project approved payment terms.
· Ensure full commitment to the implementation of the soon to be rolled out Kent Management System (KMS) procedures.
· Assist in the disposal of excess materials from the project.
· Liaise with vendors in resolving disputed deliveries.
· Communicate with Suppliers and Stakeholders
· Take reasonable care of one’s own health & safety and that of others in the workplace.
· Follow and maintain company standards of Quality in accordance with Kent Quality Systems requirements.
· Maintain standards of safety and comply with the Kent’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System Requirements.
The successful candidate should have:
· Procurement Diploma/Certificate/degree preferable.
· 5 years minimum experience in project procurement work.
· Experience with oil and gas FEED projects and EPC projects in oil & gas (or similar arenas) highly desirable.
· Knowledge of oil and gas process technology manufacturers in the industry will be beneficial.
· Technical knowledge of site required equipment – bulks, directs and consumables in the oil and gas arena desirable.
· Must be computer literate – excel especially.
· Must be numerically proficient.
· ERP systems knowledge an advantage.
· Oracle/Oracle Fusion software procurement experience highly advantageous.
· Small to medium FEED and EPC project procurement execution experience.
· Experience working in an environment demanding flexibility and multi-tasking.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Understanding priority in communication.
· Strong communication with project team and procurement customers.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
Don’t wait, Apply NOW!