Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefsOur vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. About the job:
Join our dynamic team and make a significant impact on our projects' success through effective procurement strategies and supplier management. As the Project Procurement Manager your contributions will be essential to our continued growth and achievement of organizational goals.As a Project Procurement Manager, you will play a pivotal role in our organization by overseeing the procurement process for the project from the commercial bid assessment through procurement, expediting and FOB to site. You will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating, and acquiring the necessary goods and services to support the successful execution of our project. Your primary focus will be on ensuring cost-effectiveness, timely delivery, and high-quality procurement solutions that align with the project objectives and organizational goals.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Project Procurement Strategy: Develop and implement procurement strategies tailored to the specific requirements of each project. Collaborate with project managers and stakeholders to understand project needs and align procurement plans accordingly.
- Manage a team of buyers, expeditors and site materials/logistics specialists coordinating with the clients ERP and procurement team as well as utilizing Kents ERP to procure all necessary materials and vendors for effective site execution of replacement, reinstated and repaired equipment.
- Vendor Management: Identify and evaluate potential vendors, contractors, and suppliers. Establish and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers to ensure a reliable and diverse network of partners.
- Bid Evaluation and Negotiation: Review and evaluate bids and proposals from vendors. Lead negotiations to secure favorable terms and conditions, competitive pricing, and sustainable agreements that maximize value for the organization.
- Contract Management: Draft, review, and execute contracts and purchase orders. Ensure compliance with legal and company requirements while mitigating risks associated with procurement activities.
- Cost Control: Monitor project budgets and expenses related to procurement. Implement cost-saving initiatives without compromising quality or project timelines.
- Risk Assessment: Assess and mitigate potential risks related to procurement, such as supply chain disruptions, quality issues, or vendor reliability.
- Supplier Performance Monitoring: Monitor the performance of vendors and suppliers throughout the project lifecycle. Address any issues or concerns promptly to maintain project momentum and quality standards.
- Compliance and Regulations: Stay updated on relevant procurement laws, regulations, and industry best practices. Ensure all procurement activities adhere to company policies and legal requirements.
- Reporting and Documentation: Maintain comprehensive records of procurement activities, contracts, and vendor performance. Generate reports and updates for project managers and senior management as required.
- Continuous Improvement: Continuously evaluate and improve procurement processes, systems, and procedures to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in any Engineering Discipline, Supply Chain, or Business.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in procurement and commercial business procurement.
- Previous material knowledge, cost estimation, commercial procurement experience.
- Proven negotiation skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with the client, suppliers, and stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of procurement principles, contract management, and sourcing strategies.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data, assess risks, and make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with procurement software and tools for streamlining processes is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet project deadlines.
- Knowledge of sustainability and ethical sourcing practices is advantageous.