Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
As part of a leading consultancy, work with the Kent team based in Calgary to successfully lead delivery of Process Safety consultancy services across a wide range of clients within high hazard industries such as Oil & Gas, Low Carbon, and Renewables industries and through the energy transition.
- Maintaining and developing strong ties with local and global clients. Developing and winning work across a range of high hazard industries.
- Support and mentor Process Safety Junior Engineers / Specialists to further develop their skills and application of technical safety principles.
- Management of projects to ensure work is defined and delivered in compliance with agreed scope, budgets, and schedules.
- Providing technical leadership on a full spectrum of process safety studies carried out within the team.
- Facilitation of and participation in HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA and other risk management workshops.
- Providing leadership and quality assurance for deliverables to clients.
- Liaison with other groups and departments within Kent to provide an integrated solution to the client, which includes Process Safety as part of Kent Engineering Services.
- Interpreting client needs and preparing technical proposals to ensure those needs are met.
- Promoting the wider Kent capability.
- Supporting the Kent global technical community in further development of technical tools, standards, and procedures.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering discipline, (Chemical, Mechanical, Environmental Engineering).
- Process / Technical Safety professional with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in high hazard industries.
- Technical competence in risk identification, risk assessment and risk management methodologies.
- Demonstrated strong skills in one or more of the following:
- Integrating process safety within the design process and/or operating practices
- PHA facilitation (HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, SILA, etc.)
- Consequence and frequency analyses
- Fault / Event Tree Analysis
- Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA).
- Authoring Safety Cases, including ALARP demonstrations
- Bow Tie Analysis
- Experience in a client-facing role, showing an understanding of the commercial challenges relevant to an engineering consultancy business.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to provide advice on technical issues both externally and internally.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- A co-operative and helpful attitude toward both colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring of more junior resources.
- A strong drive and willingness to continue learning from clients and colleagues.
- Confident in selling services, preparation of proposals and cost estimates for studies and winning work.
- Adaptable to changing working hour requirements as needed to accommodate project work and client needs in other time zones.
- Flexible in work location as needed (home/remote, Kent office, client’s office)
- A Professional Engineering license (P. Eng., P.E.), Chartered Engineer (CEng), or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) status is desirable.