Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is seeking a Process Safety Engineer to provide leadership, guidance and expertise in areas of Technical Safety, Process Safety, Risk Management and Safety Instrumented Systems to ensure project activities for Kent projects are carried out in compliance with all statutory and internal requirements and industry best practices.
The position will be a Kent Subject Matter Expert (SME)/Technical resource for the control systems and process automation field specifically related to SIS (Safety Instrumented Systems) Functional Safety (ANSI/ISA-84 and IEC 61511 - Functional Safety: Safety Instrumented Systems for the Process Industry Sector).
· Develop all Functional Safety and Safety Instrumented System (SIS) related deliverables required as per ISA 84 / IEC 61511 including:
o Functional Safety Plans;
o Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) studies;
o Safety Requirements Specifications (SRS);
o SIF Lists;
o Process Safety time calculations;
o SIF response time calculations;
o SIL verification calculations;
o Test plans.
· Lead/participate in Functional Safety Assessments (FSA), HAZOPS, LOPA/SIL Assignment Review Meetings as well as the facilitation of these meetings and workshops.
· Deliver Process Safety portion of the project’s scope within budget and schedule and in accordance with the contract requirements. Provide Leadership and administration of Process Safety activities.
· Lead and oversee the production of high-quality design documentation (designs, design calculations, reports and specifications) to industry and national standards for all Technical Safety deliverables on a project including:
o Facility Siting Studies;
o Consequence Analysis;
o Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA);
o Gas Dispersion Studies;
o Passive Fire Protection requirements;
o Fire Protection System designs;
o Fire and Gas detection system.
· Perform, review and coordinate Design Hazard Management Plans, Fire and Explosion Hazard Management plans, Fire & Explosion Risk Assessment (FERA), Escape, Evacuation & Rescue Analysis (EERA), Emergency Systems Survivability Analysis (ESSA), Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA), Dropped Object Study (DOS), Temporary Refuge Impairment Assessment (TRIA), Design Case for Safety and Operations Case for Safety.
· Participate in Safety Study workshops. Design Reviews, 3D Model Reviews and Human Factor Reviews to ensure principles of Inherently Safe Design is incorporated at various stages of the project.
· Review and manage engineering workshare and third-party consultants’ work and deliverables. Review and approve all Process Safety deliverables prior to release, resolve Client comments and obtain Client approval.
· Ensure that customer requirements and expectations have been accurately identified and company is meeting or exceeding customer expectations with regards to Technical Safety, Process Safety and Functional Safety.
· Finalize and implement Design Philosophies and Basis of Design.
· Keep abreast of the latest engineering codes and standards related to technical safety. These include but are not limited to: ASME Boiler & Pressure code, API RP 500, API 520/521, API RP 752 & 753, NFPA 30, NFPA 58, NFPA 70, NFPA 497, API 14, IEC 61511 and ISA 84. Monitor new or changing regulations related to process safety; analyze the potential impact to the organization and assist projects and organization with developing strategies for implementation. Ensure that all design submissions produced by SNCL are compliant with all relevant standards.
· Develop and update Kent KMS documents (Standards, Procedures, Work Instructions and Guidance documents). Support other work centers by providing guidance or review in the areas of Functional Safety.
· Prepare and deliver technical training programs related to Technical and Functional Safety.
· Develop more junior staff by technical training and mentoring.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience: