Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting for a Process Design Engineer based in Mumbai office.
- Responsible for the process and design work for the validation of plant and equipment and for schedules and budgets.
- Preparation of PFDs, P&IDs, mass and heat balances
- Perform process-engineering calculations such as line sizing, pressure drop, control valve sizing, relief valve sizing and equipment sizing.
- Prepare and deliver work packages (calculations, specifications, drawings, etc.) on schedule and in conformance with contract requirements and department/ECS standards.
- Specification and selection of process instruments etc.
- Perform process optimization studies.
- Perform hydraulic analysis and simulation studies using available software packages
- Review and develop control philosophies and safety and emergency shutdown system designs.
- Participate in HAZOP studies and assist in the development of the HAZOP report.
- Perform calculations and develop data sheets for pumps, compressors, separators and other vessels etc.
- Support field operations of systems in performance tuning and testing.
- Preparation of proposals, budget estimates and materials specifications.
- Any other adhoc duties as assigned from time to time.
- Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements. Take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace... Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirement.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
5+ Years in Process Engineering / Commissioning of plant
- Proficient at working with designers to produce high quality, accurate, complete engineering documents (drawings and specifications).
- Work in office and Site based environments
- Proficient at working with engineers to produce high quality, accurate, complete engineering delivery.
- Capable of using the appropriate software
- Have good PC skills
- Must be a good communicator.
- Must have good Presentation Skills
- Must have good written and spoken English skills.
- Must be a Team Player.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical attributes
- Professional communication skills –Able to communicate with peers, customers, and vendors
- Familiarity with International Codes and Standards such as ANSI, API, NFPA etc. is required.
- Conduct specialized process studies as required.
- Proficient with company standard office software and discipline specific technical software.
- Able to effectively communicate technical issues to peers and supervisor (written and verbal).
Details about the role:
Location: Mumbai, India
Relocation required: No
Travel required: No
Contract type: Permanent
Experience level: 5+ years