Kent is looking for a Principal Production Based Engineer.
A refinery production and operations engineer will be directly responsible to both the Engineering Manager and the Head of Process Engineering for the organisation, production, and quality of the work.
Their duties are to inform on the production and operations within refinery and petrochemical sites. To work closely with the operators of existing assets and developers of new assets in business development, studies, and projects.
They make technical decisions, direct the activities of other process personnel on studies and projects, coordinate design efforts with all other groups on the job, and maintain the process records for the project. They report progress and ensure compliance with relevant standards and procedures.
Objectives of Job:
To better meet the expectations of process asset owners and developers through a knowledge of production and operations.
Main Function within Department:
Role envisaged for candidate is to be a Specialist supporting business development, proposals, studies, and contracts.
The candidate shall -
- act as a focal point for asset operations.
- work closely with owners to understand their assets, identify problems within their assets, and propose solutions.
- work alongside study and project teams to tailor their approach to meet the expectations of clients.
- meet with clients in support of business development, proposals, studies, and projects.
- contribute to business development, proposals, studies, and projects.
- lead studies.
- assist in developing a core professional process engineering presence in the London Area offices.
- ensure technical integrity of work being carried out by team by the use of processes, procedures, rules, and standards.
- implement improvements directed towards showing profitable operation, growth of business and the enhancement of the teams competence and performance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Role envisaged for candidate is to be a specialist in the area of production and operations within the Low Carbon and Onshore Projects group: to be responsible for the technical adequacy, completeness, and quality of engineering deliverables and activities related to the studies and projects.
- Act as a focal point for production and operations with the group.
- Attendance at weekly business development and work planning meetings.
- Identification of changes against scope of works.
- Participation in technical meetings with Client, Partners, Suppliers, Licensors, and Sub-Contractors.
- Planning and weekly reporting.
- Control of deliverables for studies.
- Participate as required in Design Reviews and Technical Audits.
- To implement improvements directed towards showing profitable operation, growth of business and the enhancement of the team’s competence and performance.
- Identifying new appropriate technologies applicable to our Client’s facilities and environment, evaluate these both technically and commercially, and where appreciable opportunities exist, progress deployment in operations.
- Participating in concept selection of new processing plants through options evaluation, simulations, optimisations, and design review of deliverables from design consultants.
- Participating in, or providing input to, study / projects audits / reviews during concept development, design basis, conceptual and detailed design basis.
- Working with other disciplines in the company to ensure all interfaces with other parts of the plant are fully engineered.
- Assisting Senior Management in establishing policies and objectives directed towards ensuring profitable and safe operations, growth of business and the enhancement of the Company's technical competence and performance in Process Engineering.
As well as leading teams of Process Engineers on projects the candidate shall be sometimes be responsible for:
- Study Reports.
- Operations Philosophies.
- Technology Selection.
- Integration and Optimisation Studies.
- Process Scheme Design including Flow Sheets (BFD, PFD, UFD, PLD, P&ID).
- Modelling, Design calculations, H&MBs.
- Write Bases, Philosophies, Standards, Specifications, and Reports for Studies and Projects.
- Licensor and Vendor design review.
- Assistance during construction and commissioning.
- BEng, BSc, MEng, or MSc in Chemical Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Candidate shall be a CEng with IChemE or other relevant institution.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in the Oil, Gas and Process Industries.
- Experience of onshore and offshore oil and gas projects.
- Preferred experience with CCUS, Syngas, Hydrogen, and Fuels.
- Experience with commissioning and operation of process plant.
Note: In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed the jobholder is required to perform other related duties assigned by the supervisor/manager from time to time.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Follow the link below to apply for this role. This link will route you through to the recruitment team at SNC-Lavalin who are currently supporting Kent with hiring activity for an interim period. In August 2021, Kentech acquired the Oil and Gas Business of SNC-Lavalin and this led to the relaunch of our new company, now known as Kent.
Please do not click the ‘Apply Today’ button.