Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
We are looking for a Senior/Principal Process Engineer with Dynamic Process Simulation expertise to provide practical solutions to our clients’ challenges, including the requirement to decarbonise oil and gas production. You We are looking for a Senior/Principal Process Engineer with Dynamic Process Simulation expertise to provide practical solutions to our clients’ challenges, including the requirement to decarbonise oil and gas production. You will work on a variety of projects, involved in process control systems, liquid surge (waterhammer) assessment, compressor anti-surge control testing, HIPPS response times, heat exchanger tube rupture and any other weird and wonderful dynamic issues that a client may come up against. Working under the mentorship of our dynamic process simulation Subject Matter Expert, you will lead a number of dynamic simulation projects. You will be responsible for supervising and guiding a number of junior engineers, checking their results and reporting to the client.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
Joining our Engineering & Consulting business in Aberdeen, you’ll be part of a world-class and growing wider team of 25 process engineers helping our clients deliver more from their existing assets and new developments safely and efficiently and helping them on their energy transition journeys. The nature of our work changes with the market and you will have opportunities to support the broader process engineering team as required. We are also starting to support our clients in the move to Net Zero and will have opportunities to support dynamic modelling of low carbon, hydrogen and CCUS projects.
We operate a hybrid working model with a mix of office and home working. For this position, full remote working is also an option. We also have a number of members of the team who work flexibly or part time and are very happy to accept applicants on that basis.
· Be the Lead Engineer on a dynamic process simulation study, performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
· Present work to clients, virtually and face-to-face through reports and presentations.
· Oversee more junior engineers under your supervision who are running process simulations, analysing results, and preparing reports.
· Supervise and develop junior engineers
· Responsible for the delivery of high-quality deliverables, ensuring compliance with relevant codes and standards and internal procedures.
· Understand client’s requirements and contribute to winning bids for work
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Engineering degree, honours or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or similar
· Likely Chartered Engineer status with the Institution of Chemical Engineers or equivalent
· Significant related experience in the Oil and Gas Industry and/ or Low Carbon Energy Transition projects
· Experience using Hysys Dynamics and/or Unisim Dynamics as well as PipeNet and/or Wanda or similar liquid surge (waterhammer) programs. gProms or Aspen Custom Modeler experience would be useful as would software coding with VB.Net/VBA.
· Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills.
· Cost awareness
· Understanding of relevant industry codes and standards
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.