Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent are looking for an exciting candidate with experience in designing the primary steel for monopile foundations to join our thriving offshore wind capability. Join a company with:
- Over 20 years of history in Offshore Wind
- A global and domestic project portfolio
- Industry leading technical innovations
- Opportunity to solve the world’s energy challenges using your technical prowess
The ever-changing conditions of Offshore Wind Industry means we need individuals who can adapt, change and thrive when working in dynamic environments. Our global opportunities and innovation initiatives will allow you to excel and build upon your strengths as we continue our growth in such an rapidly developing market.
This position provides the opportunity for a passionate person to contribute to the growing renewables sector, actively helping to combat climate change.
Kent operate a hybrid working model with offices all over the UK, we have locations in Aberdeen, Bristol, Edinburgh, Epsom, Glasgow and London. We will happily accept application to any of our UK locations.
· Oversee the technical design and development of our global portfolio of future offshore wind foundations.
· Support the winning and delivery of our projects through various levels of development, together with developing innovative solutions for repair and upgrades.
· Leading design scopes for a variety of offshore wind projects and the teams of engineers to deliver them.
· Supporting the innovation and development of our designs, design tools and client offerings.
· Understanding stress and structural analysis, offshore design codes, and the ability to plan, develop, run, and report on complex analysis models using a range of software packages.
· Providing technical input to support our bidding teams for future projects.
· Guiding and mentoring the next generation of engineers.
· Solving complex technical problems, and ultimately leading the delivery of quality deliverables to schedule and budget.
· Maintaining existing and developing new client relationships.
· Developing our SME network for primary steel and a "go-to" for Monopile primary steel.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Great leadership, communication, innovation and delivery skills
· Previous experience in primary steel design for monopile foundations (required).
· Experience working for an offshore consultant, OEM, developer or EPCI contractor.
· Awareness of the interfaces between turbine loads, turbines and foundation.
· Working knowledge of offshore structural engineering, relevant Offshore Wind design codes and certification requirements
· Linear and non-linear offshore structural analysis & FEA (e.g. Fatigue, Ultimate and Accidental Limit States, Ship impact) – SESAM, USFOS, Bladed, SACS, Abaqus (or similar).
· Track record in delivering offshore wind projects, specifically monopiles.
· Occasional need to travel locally and internationally to meet with internal and external stakeholders.
· Ideally Chartered (ICE, IMechE, IStructE etc), or actively working towards chartership.
· Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.