Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting a Planning Engineer, to be based at Fawley, Southampton. The successful candidate will be required to create and implement programmes of all the work needed within their assigned area of a new large hydrogen construction project. The Planning Engineer shall implement planning and scheduling techniques for the ongoing monitoring, progress analysis, forecasting, schedule change control, and mitigation resulting in regular periodic schedule updates.
· Project planning & schedule development: including enhanced systematic planning, project schedule technical integrity, schedule risk analysis interactive baseline review by the project team and key stakeholders, resulting in the formation of a robust baseline schedule.
· Schedule management, monitoring, progress analysis, forecasting, schedule change control, reporting, and mitigation resulting in regular periodic schedule updates.
· Develop, control, monitor, analyse and report on schedule related aspects for designated areas.
· Establish and monitor a resource loaded, logic linked, plan for the project in accordance with project processes.
· Establish robust Work Breakdown and Project Control Structures aligned to project scope.
· Work with the Project Manager and Project team to establish the project activities and durations and ensure that these reflect project scope, constraints and commitments. Challenge as necessary to ensure compatibility and compliance.
· Interface with other departments and areas regarding the project’s activities which may have an impact and ensure information is correctly captured.
· Facilitate acceptance of and ensure that the project plan embraces the full project work scope, is fit for purpose and is achievable.
· Maintain and control project baselines in line with project procedures and guidance.
· Ensure the reasons for, and the factors influencing each change to the project’s baseline plan, plus the implications of such changes, are understood and communicated to the wider project team.
· Monitor, control and analyse the project programme and cost information using Earned Value methodologies.
· Challenging schedule and cost variances against the baseline plan.
· Integrate 3rd party schedules and data into the overall project plan.
· Regular interfacing and integration with the project controls team to maintain an aligned financial position with the Project Plan.
· Be fully familiar with the conditions of the contract.
· Assist with the preparation and establishment of the specific planning and scheduling elements of the project procedures in accordance with the Project Controls Plan and Kent’s global planning and scheduling procedures.
· Ensure the planning and scheduling requirements are incorporated into subcontract enquires and evaluate responses as required by project.
· Perform all planning and scheduling for the designated area of the project.
· Lead the project members from a planning and scheduling perspective by conducting interactive planning sessions with all project stakeholders prior to schedule development.
· Ensure logic links are robustly built into the schedule using best industry practice CPM techniques.
· Work closely with project management to improve performance in project planning and execution.
· Assume responsibility for analysing and assessing the accuracy of the project schedule, both at the baseline level of development and at each update.
· Monitor, review, and analyse the schedule and status of contractors during all stages of the project, including any schedule deviations, and formulate suggested corrective actions to recover time which has been lost, or which will be potentially lost if no corrective action is taken.
· Perform Schedule Risk Analysis, monitor risks, contingencies and implementation of risk control measures
· Provide schedule performance and information to the Project Team.
· Administer/ operate the Critical Items Action Report and issue the report for final review and approval to the Lead Planner/ Scheduler.
· Lead weekly schedule status meetings with active stakeholders.
· Prepare and maintain levels 1, 2 and 3 of the project schedules and where appropriate the Level 4 Schedule.
· Liaise with customers, subcontractors, and internal staff on a daily basis as required by project.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Primavera Experienced.
· Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in an Engineering discipline or relevant experience.
· Package/Project/Engineering/Construction/Commissioning experience.
· Demonstrates Construction Management and Site Experience in a similar position on a large-scale multi-discipline.
· Breadth of experience across whole project lifecycle (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation/Commissioning processes) preferably in a highly regulated environment.
· Primavera (P6) trained and experienced.
· Experience in building resource loaded plans.
· High level of numeracy and excellent analytical skills.
· The ability to reconcile cost information as it applies to the programme of work.
· Proficient in the interpretation of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools.
· Proficient in the use of Earned Value Analysis.
· Evidence of strong engineering background, ideally within a safety/regulated environment.
· Communicates Cleary and concisely.
· Encourages two –way communication; confirms that the message has been understood and seeks feedback.
· Moderates tone, language, and content of any communication to the level of individual or group.
· Uses variety of methods to ensure open lines of communication such as monthly reports, briefing sessions and regular meetings.
· Ask questions to check that he/she has understood others.
· Listen attentively to other people.
· Persuades or influence others to gain buy in for recommendations or ideas.
· Willing to assume a role of leadership and control when appropriate authority is given.
· Relates honestly to others and expresses feelings openly in order to build trust and confidence in own abilities.
· Works with the team to set clear objectives that team members can relate to and feel motivated to achieve.
· Acts as an advocate for the team.
· Leads by example; displays behaviour which reflects the desired work norms and values.
· Is appreciable, builds relationship and is professional.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.