Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is seeking a Commissioning Planner; Scheduler with strong P6 experience for a long-term Commissioning & Start-Up project in the Portland/Gregoy, TX area. The Commissioning Planner focuses on developing and updating commissioning and start-up planning deliverables for the project team or Kent functional team across one or multiple projects.
- Assess and provide input to planning related deliverables including but not limited to overall project schedule, construction/fabrication schedule, commissioning schedule, commissioning and Start-up fishbones, skylines, etc.;
- Develop and updates commissioning and start-up fishbones, skylines, and schedules and steward them regularly with project team;
- Develop resource loaded Level 4/ Level 5 schedules (man hours, vendor, materials, equipment, temporaries) for System Completion activities to achieve an integrated project schedule (Engineering/ Construction/ Commissioning/ Start-Up/ Performance Test);
- Assists the preparation of Systems Completion deliverables to effectively optimize activities and resources, and share synergies for project completion phase;
- Validate planning deliverables with discipline specialists and Commissioning Leads. Hold regular meeting with project teams and steward progress of System Completion activities;
- Assists in prioritizing turnovers and system completion from the subsystem to component levels;
- Leads system completion front-to-back planning efforts and communicate the results to the Project Team to effectively complete and turnover Systems;
- Analyses execution performance, identify current critical activities and make recommendations to the Commissioning Manager and the Start-Up Manager on emerging system completion/start up scenarios;
- Assists System Completion Teams in preparing planning deliverables to effectively optimize activities and resources;
- Supports the development and updating of System Completion Plans;
- Responsible to develop, compile and report Systems Completions KPIs for project scorecard dashboard;
- Develops systems completion reports during planning and execution phases. Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Power Bi and/or Tableau is a plus;
- Tracks and reports on overall site construction and commissioning priorities by system to drive Mechanical Completion and Commissioning target dates;
- Develops and tracks KPIs for Monitor Test Pack completion. Identifies areas for improvement in efficiency and reports back to project team results;
- Develop, track, and update plan and actual Turn Over metrics such as checksheets completion progress, Mechanical Completion certificates progress, outstanding punch list items, Handover progress, start-up procedures progress, dynamic commissioning procedures progress, etc.;
- Develop material tracking tool to report material and equipment deliveries and vendor support. Including monitoring any effects of late material and/or vendors on handover plans;
- Monitor Project Preservation campaign performance by subsystem and tag level;
- When require develops detailed Start-up Schedule and update throughout the start-up phase at a daily activity level;
- Apply lessons learned and participate in lessons learned workshop. Capture Lesson Learned throughout the project;
- Develop in conjunction with project team close-out report;
Your Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering, science, or business management.
- 10+ years of closely related experience as scheduler, planner, project control lead or manager in commissioning and/or start-up projects
- Systems Completion awareness and acumen: Knowledge of Systems Completions deliverables, definitions, timing, resources.
- Strong planning background with specific knowledge of commissioning and start-up activities during planning and execution;
- Primavera P6 - Subject Matter Expert level of knowledge
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Power Bi, Outlook, Microsoft Project).
- Must be able to self-lead and communicate effectively to all levels of project team, including management and client.
- Effective communication skills to ensure scheduling and reporting requirements associated with systems completion are clearly understood and adhered to by project team.