Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for Offshore Wind Business Development Lead that will be reporting to UK Engineering & Consulting Market Director (Offshore Wind) Reginal Director & VP Business Development UK/ Europe/ Asia/ CIS.
This role presents an opportunity to be central to the promotion and growth of our OSW capability, to take a leading role in delivering Net Zero in the UK and maximizing opportunities across the globe in OSW projects – including fixed and floating offshore structures and onshore infrastructure.
Kent is committed to bringing our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
In line with the UK’s obligation to Net Zero carbon emissions by 2050, Kent is finding increasing demand for its services, and particular in Offshore Wind (OSW), based on its 40+ years’ experience in the market delivering designs for some of the most challenging fixed and floating developments in the UK and increasingly across Europe, in the US and Far East.
· The over-arching objective is to take Kent’s established OSW market offer and to grow its scale and capability to maximize its contribution to the business and to decarbonizing the world’s energy supply.
· To develop trusted and durable relationships with clients, to deeply understand the market and client drivers and translate these into project opportunities.
· To actively develop and report the company work pipeline in the OSW sector, and lead activity to development, bid and win strategic opportunities.
· Ensure the full technical capability of Kent is understood, sold and deployed to this rapidly growing sector in core countries and by following key clients to new but sustainable locations.
· To oversee business development and successful bidding to create a sustainable long-term pipeline of work.
· To deliver new sales against an agreed annual sales target
· To assess the market and support to innovate the company services and technical approaches to build a robust and resilient market facing organization.
· Identify and respond to project opportunities. Create the work pipeline and intervene as necessary to win work. Report opportunities as required and comply with Kent compliance procedures.
· Build on the sector reputation for Kent, translating market changes and developments into opportunities for engineering work.
· Work Closely with OSW Market Director, and UK/Europe BD team
· Monitor competitor activity, responding/pre-empting as required.
· Actively head up the key client stakeholder engagement, opening and broadening Company relationships.
· Ensure that Company responds to create new propositions for the market and key clients. These approaches may vary between countries and client types.
· Develop strategic partnerships with key clients in the market, encouraging Company to contribute to the client’s success and developing a sustainable, long-term relationship.
· Drive growth in market share, identifying and engaging with new target clients.
· Proactively identify and develop cross selling opportunities propositions across the Kent group.
· Develop the Company brand and reputation, stimulating the market with insights, thought leadership and innovation.
· Be an ambassador for the business; attending and speaking at relevant events, where appropriate.
· Developing alliances and partnerships that drive significant growth in this area.
· To deliver new sales against an agreed annual sales target
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Degree level or equivalent professional qualification
· Deep experience and knowledge of the renewable and offshore wind sector and the ability to translate market changes and developments into opportunities for the company.
· Experience in consultancy, engineering, owners engineer, asset management and operations and management services.
· Demonstrable client and stakeholder management skills including account management of blue-chip energy companies and renewables developers.
· A well-rounded leadership and management background with demonstrable experience of opportunity management, bidding and project delivery, and business development.
· A proven track record of delivery of achieving targets.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
· Deep knowledge of the OSW market with a clear view of upcoming opportunities to capitalise on in the short, medium and long term.
· Ability to analyze market potential, and position Company as a partner and supplier through a reputation for excellence, problem solving and quality of delivery.
· A hard working and flexible person, who is a team player, possessing great attention to detail, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst able to keep cool under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
· A high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team.
· Customer focused with excellent relationship management skills.
· Self-motivated and able to work closely with the OSW market director and to play a part in leading the larger multi- discipline team.
· Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients.
· Under normal operations, available to travel across the UK and work away from home, potentially including periods overseas on assignments.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.