Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefsOur vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. About the job:
Kent is looking for a Mechanical Designer to support regional projects.
You will perform routine design assignments, which require knowledge and skill in basic drafting techniques, procedures, and knowledge of certain industry standards under close supervision. Your responsibilities:
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience: Qualification/ Certification:
- Develop CADD drawings from design sketches or catalog information
- Mark up works in progress for others to draft or CADD
- Prepare simple engineering and construction drawings from scratch, sketches or verbal instruction, utilizing manual or computer-assisted drafting/design techniques
- Perform related fundamental engineering support tasks such as updating computer lists, filing prints, distributing drawings, making simple calculations, proofreading reports, compiling Bill of Material, etc
- May utilize information from vendor prints, catalogs, technical manuals, etc
- Ensure field notes are neatly arranged, accurate and complete
- Ensure sketches are readable by anyone and include all pertinent dimensions, notes and job number
- Ensure all material is signed and dated with job number
- Keep Supervisor informed of progress
- Quality assurance for personal work assignments
- Support field assignments as required
- High school education or equivalent and basic drafting technology from a technical school required
- Minimum 4 years of related experience in refinery, petrochemical or other heavy industries; reading and interpreting P&IDs, updating mechanical drawings per provided redlines and complete walkdowns of mechanical drawings
- Proficient with AutoCAD software required
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills required