Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is seeking a Materials and Corrosion Engineer who will be part of our Kent Offshore Engineering Team involved in the design and execution of major offshore oil and gas projects.
Previous Oil & Gas offshore major project experience is required.
· Provide a lead role in the technical development and review of discipline-specific deliverables, including:
· Corrosion studies;
· Review and develop philosophies and specifications;
· Review engineering deliverables against specifications and regulatory requirements;
· Manage deviation and concession requests;
· Project QA/QC activities.
· Lead and perform investigative studies and engineering scopes.
· Work directly with client operating company personnel.
· Uphold professional ethics and standards of conduct.
· Work involves directing research and solving unprecedented technical problems of considerable scope and complexity, the solution of which may have a far-reaching impact on extensive technical activities of the firm.
· Strong persuasive ability, technical writing and communications skills are required at this level, proven through such technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees that will demonstrate an advanced state-of-the-art technical expertise.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Materials, Metallurgy, Corrosion Engineering or equivalent.
· Minimum 10 years of corrosion/materials experience with Oil & Gas Offshore project experience.
· Offshore Oil & Gas major project experience is required.
· Professional certification/registration is preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills to work with multi-disciplined team and managers.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.