Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job: Kent is looking for a Lead Tax Specialist for their U.S. business, who will have wider responsibilities for managing taxes across the Americas region. The role will preferably be based in Houston, TX and report to the Vice President of Finance in the Americas region, with a dotted line to the Senior Vice President of Tax and Treasury for Kent based in the group’s headquarters in Dubai. Kent is a fast-growing business that embraces change, and the role the tax function adapts and changes accordingly to support the business. The individual undertaking this role will be expected to be flexible and embrace change within the business. Your responsibilities:
- Ensure Kent’s U.S. business is fully tax compliant in relation to all U.S. taxes.
- Prepare and submit all relevant tax returns without significant support from external advisors. These returns include, but are not limited to, federal tax, state tax, local taxes, franchise tax, property tax and sales and use tax.
- Prepare detailed tax accounting calculations, including deferred tax, to support the annual group financial statements audit.
- Manage tax authority audits and all interactions with U.S. tax authorities.
- Manage and ensure full U.S. tax compliance in relation to all cross border transactions.
- Within the Americas, the group also operates in Canada, Trinidad and Tobago and Guyana. Prior experience or tax technical knowledge in relation to these tax regimes is not required, however, this role will involve managing relationships with tax advisors and local finance teams in these territories to ensure full tax compliance.
- Ensure the tax position for all entities within the Americas is accurately reflected in month end reporting.
- Ensure all tax payments in the Americas are made to the tax authorities on a timely basis, and any tax refunds due are collected.
- Kent also operate in Colombia. The Colombian finance team will remain responsible for all Colombian tax filings, however this role involves working with that team to ensure the Colombia tax position is accurately reported within the Americas monthly and year end reporting.
- Assist the group tax team with wider group tax matters as capacity allows. For example, assisting with transfer pricing, M&A, legal restructuring and other ad-hoc projects.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- An undergraduate degree from a reputable institution, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or similar.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Spanish language skills are beneficial, however not required.
- Strong U.S. tax skills to undertake the tasks outlined above.
- Solid understanding of international tax principles.
- Experience of working with ERP systems, ideally Oracle Fusion.
- Energy and enthusiasm for the role.
- Ability and willingness to work closely with the team, as well as be proactive and operate independently.