Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Lead Process Engineer – Outside of IR35 to be based in Woking. Pre-FEED and FEED Project involving processing of waste, re-using and relocating an existing refinery unit and generating synthetic fuel. The project involves several licensors and specialist vendors and will provide a better than carbon neutral highly environmentally friendly project.
· Capable of performing general duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets. ..
· Supports the Project Management Team in planning, identifies technical issues that could limit progress and impact project budgets, and interfaces with the client.
· Corporate reporting line is to respective Departmental/Group Manager.
· As a Lead Engineer, execute process engineering design for feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC projects.
· Can be technically responsible for all process engineering work.
· Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high-profile issues, with support from Group Manager / Consultant Process Engineer or Project Engineering Manager
· Capable of participating in Factory Acceptance Test’s.
· Participates in multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides all necessary process engineering input and support to close out of actions.
· Provides support to Procurement including long lead items enquiry: prepares Technical Requisitions and reviews vendor documentation.
· Ensures compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to equipment selection/specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
· Performs related duties as and when instructed by Direct Supervisor.
· Significant related experience of working for engineering/client organisations in the Energy industry
· Chartered Status preferred. Significant related experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry and/ or Low Carbon Energy Transition projects.
· Master’s degree in chemical engineering
· Exposure to FEED/ detailed design and EPC projects
· Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practice
· Activity scheduling and project priorities
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.