If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
The Principal Piping Engineer is responsible for contributing to all aspects of piping design to meet the technical competency expectations of Kent and its clients.
As a senior member of the Mechanical/Piping Engineering team you will work closely and need to communicate effectively with the other disciplines, Kent management and client representatives to ensure the company’s reputation for high quality services and service delivery is maintained.
All senior engineer roles include responsibility for discipline input to estimates and proposals, and subsequent production of design deliverables within agreed budget and schedule constraints.
• To assess, undertake and deliver work scopes related to piping engineering.
• Ensure that all work designed or supplied by the piping engineering discipline complies with the relevant sections of mandatory health and safety standards, including any regulations or codes referred to within the required jurisdiction for the Project with due consideration of relevant client engineering standards
• Prepare a list of engineering deliverables and time-based functions to facilitate the planning and control of the engineering budget
• Produce, Review and approve technical deliverables, as required.
• Assist in the preparation and development of project specific procedures
• Manage system requirements to achieve the Project results and monitor effectiveness
• Ensure coordination, between the Piping team and other disciplines of all activities being performed.
• Ensure that quality audits of engineering work are carried out in accordance with Project procedures and the quality assurance plan and maintain technical documentation
• Ensure resolution of engineering issues during Project lifecycle, including planning phase, design, procurement, fabrication, construction, and commissioning
• Promote and maintain the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of engineering work
• Deliver projects with client design and execution methods, meeting client spec/procedure requirements.
• Liaise with project management team or clients’ engineering, construction and operations personnel to ensure that all project requirements have been addressed.
• Perform all work in accordance with the Quality Management System and within agreed time and schedule constraints.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
• Professional degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• RPEQ and/or Chartered Engineer status
• Membership with a recognised professional body
• Experience in the oil and gas industry, upstream and downstream, with most of this in a multidiscipline design environment.
• Experience in working with multi location teams is preferable.
• Experience in FEED and detailed design phase of the project
• Thorough understanding of applicable Codes and Standards (ANSI, ASTM, API, AS, ASME etc.)
• Experience in the design, specification, bid evaluation, build and FAT, installation, commissioning, and operation of piping equipment and systems.
• Working knowledge of stress analysis using CAESAR or equivalent.
• Good knowledge of pressure piping design (ie. AIV/FIV)
• Good knowledge of pumped system design (ie. Water hammer)
• Review 3D model and isometrics to provide technical input for routing & support design to resolve stress issues.
• Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to influence others.
• Conduct complex engineering tasks along with key engineering work properly and efficiently.
• Experience in material selection (knowledge of materials suitable for hydrogen is of benefit)
• Exposure to pipeline design, working knowledge of AS2885 is of benefit
The Lead Piping Engineer is expected to have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience with delivering formal presentations to clients would be an advantage. It is expected that they will have solid networking skills and work actively to maintain that network and use it to develop opportunities for future projects.