Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage. Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKINGRead more
about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
. Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. About the job: Kent is looking for a Lead Piping Designer This position will support a program that has projects at multiple sites across the globe. The Designer will report to the Piping Supervisor and will receive project work instructions from the Program Piping Lead. The Lead Piping Designer is responsible for facilitating the development of 3D models, piping design, isometric drawing production, and overseeing/coordinating with an HVEC team. This individual will also be responsible for interfacing with client(s) and managing discipline scope and schedule. Ideal candidate will have experience with Bentley AutoPlant. Your responsibilities:
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience: Qualification/ Certification:
- Work with the Piping Program Lead in planning and design layout. Layout 3d piping models.
- Contribute to the management of discipline scope & schedule.
- Coordinate with our HVEC (High Value Engineering Center) overseas.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to others in your area(s) of expertise.
- Explore and suggest new approaches and concepts in design components.
- Conduct plant site visits when needed. Perform job walks accordingly.
- Independently perform most assignments, plan work and meet deadlines without supervisor action.
- Prepare and layout piping systems in conformance with applicable codes and design standards and produce required deliverables.
- Ensure project piping deliverables are checked and meet industry, client and company quality standards.
- Coordinate survey request with survey group.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in refinery, midstream or petrochemical industries.
- Design and construction experience of piping systems in plants.
- Advanced knowledge about design/drafting principles and practices.
- Working experience with high value engineering center (HVEC) (recommended).
- Proficient in the following software: Bentley AutoPlant, AVEVA Point Cloud Manager (LFM Server)
- Experience with MS Office products and Adobe PDF Pro.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department.