Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Lead Principal Mechanical Package Engineer to lead the Mechanical activities in developing the Mechanical design within project budget and determining timing for resource requirements. The successful candidate will serve as the liaison for inter-discipline engineering involved in the project and is accountable for overall discipline related activities for the successful completion of project, on schedule and within time and budget estimates.
· Typically supervises a team of engineers to address all discipline specific requirements within the project
· Capable of performing general duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets
· May undertake discrete specialist studies / technology reviews under supervision
· Liaises with other disciplines to achieve design consistency for project and departmental
· Supports the Project Management Team in planning, and identifying technical issues which could limit progress, impact project budgets. Interfacing with the client
· Provides necessary input and support to project progress and reporting
· Supports the discipline group manager with the development of discipline engineers and ensuring technical excellence
· Support training and mentoring of Graduate and Junior/ Senior
· Lead Mechanical Package Engineer is accountable to the Project Engineering Manager for delivery of discipline deliverables in the project environment
· Provide expertise for package design throughout the organisation as require
· The corporate reporting line is to respective Mechanical Group Manager.
· Lead engineer may work on feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC project.
· Technically responsible within a project for all Mechanical Engineering work. Allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
· Supervises, reviews and checks the Mechanical activities.
· Works to the requirements of the Mechanical Design Manual and project requirements.
· Identifying and resolving discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/ contract by raising technical queries and/or identifying trends and changes within the framework of management of change.
· Participates in factory acceptance tests, also supporting Engineers as required for Vendor issues.
· Participates in multi-discipline engineering design reviews and provides all necessary mechanical input and support to the close-out of actions.
· Reviews ITB documents submitted as the proposal. Identifies a clear scope of work, prepares and reviews the man‑hour estimates, inputs to the project execution plan and schedule. Supervises preparation of the Mechanical Document register.
· Responsible for the planning/scheduling the mechanical activities and identify manpower requirements through the project.
· Liaises with Mechanical Group Manager for allocation of resources.
· Ensures compatibility and compliance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
· Ensures compliance with Kent’s ISO accredited QMS, and project specific procedures, guides and standards.
· Contributes to employee performance and provides training and development requirements in consultation with Mechanical Group Manager.
· Provide expert knowledge for the design of packages.
· Performs related duties as and when instructed by Mechanical Group Manager.
· Typically supervises a team of engineers to address all discipline specific requirements within the project.
· Capable of performing general duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
· May undertake discrete specialist studies / technology reviews under supervision.
· Liaises with other disciplines to achieve design consistency for project and departmental.
· Supports the Project Management Team in planning, and identifying technical issues which could limit progress, impact project budgets. Interfacing with the client.
· Provides necessary input and support to project progress and reporting.
· Supports the discipline group manager with the development of discipline engineers and ensuring technical excellence.
· Support training and mentoring of Graduate to Senior.
· Lead Mechanical Package Engineer is accountable to the Project Engineering Manager for delivery of discipline deliverables in the project environment.
· Provide expertise for package design throughout the organisation as required.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Typically holds a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or post-graduate Mechanical Engineering qualification. Chartered status is preferred.
· Significant related experience of working for engineering/client organisations in the oil and gas industry.
· Extensive experience in the design of packages in both FEED and EPC environments.
· Exposure to consultancy, FEED/detailed design and EPC projects.
· In depth knowledge of applicable international and industry specifications, standards and codes.
· Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practice.
· Activity scheduling and discipline priorities.
· Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Tactful in resolving issues.
· Cost awareness.
· Proactive approach.
· Attention to detail.
· Team plater.
· Ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
· Planning and forecasting.
· Analytical and problem solving mind.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.