Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
The successful candidate will report to E&I Discipline Manager and will be assigned to various projects associated with the Oil, Gas and Petrochemicals industry as directed by the Project Management group.
Travel Requirements - 2 weeks (every month) to the Owner’s project/office location in USA.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Experience in I&C engineering & design for new plants and modifications/replacements of existing equipment in process plants for projects in various phases such as conceptual studies, Front End Engineering Design (FEED), detailed design (EPC) project
- Assigned as Owner’s engineer to review the work performed by other EPCs, and work proactively with the Owner’s team and EPC to ensure the project objectives are met efficiently.
- Manage assigned work effectively, including prioritizing, executing, managing schedule and budget, and reporting to meet project goals/targets.
- Establishing the scope of work, effort hour estimates and deliverable lists.
- Review of instrument index, I/O list, I/O assignment, equipment list, alarm rationalization list.
- Review of instrument loop diagrams, wiring drawings, instrument location plans, installation details, and Fire and Gas (F&G) location plans.
- Review instrument selection, specification, and inline device sizing calculations.
- Review instrument specifications and datasheets
- Review BOMs / MTOs.
- Review cable schedules, cabinets and JBs design etc.
- Participating in design reviews, HAZOPs, LOPA and SIL.
- Reviewing project documents for scope, presentation, and technical accuracy.
- Review MRQ/MRP packages, and TBE for field instruments, analyzers, and system cabinets.
- Review Control Narratives and Cause and Effect diagrams.
- Review vendor designs for compliance with technical specifications and applicable standards.
- Review engineering work packages or Construction work packages.
- Supervise and mentor the team members.
- Attending project team meetings, Client meetings & vendor review meetings
- Establishing a good working relationship with the Clients. Strong Client focus and ability to represent the company professionally.
- Performing field visits to validate existing drawings and confirm tie-in locations.
- Reviewing designs for constructability and accordance with project requirements.
- Demonstrate a high regard for safety, quality and environmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required.
- Travel Requirements - 2 weeks (every month) to the Owner’s project/office location in USA.
- Degree in Instrumentation and Control Systems from an accredited University or College.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada
- Registered in the USA as PE will be an asset.
- 15+ years of instrumentation and control design experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Experience using Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI).
- Effective communication skills (Written and verbal).
- Leadership skills, team player, proven multi-tasker with strong organizational skills.
- Prior experience in PMC role, will be an asset