Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Lead Electrical Engineer to support our projects in Sarnia, ON.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution and registered as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) with PEO required
· Minimum 10 years of experience in design of electrical distribution systems in refineries, Oil & Gas processing and petrochemical facilities
· Proven experience in successfully leading small, medium to large-size projects.
· Experience in managing vendor electrical packages (substation, e-houses, Transformers, VFD etc.)
· Brownfield project work experience in refineries and petrochemical facilities will be considered an asset.
· Knowledge of domestic and international codes (CEC, CSA, IEEE, ANSI, API, NEMA, etc.)
· Experience in the design of electrical distribution systems in a project team environment with a focus on studies, Front End (FEED) design, detailed design for new plants and modifications/replacements of existing equipment in process plants
· Knowledge of electrical Area Classification design and studies
· Knowledge of Battery/UPS systems
· Knowledge of Substation Grounding study and Grounding Grid Layout
· Familiar with outdoor/indoor Substation Equipment layout
· Knowledge of applying engineering application software like ETAP or SKM to study relay coordination, load flow, short circuit, arc flash, harmonic and motor starting analysis
· Knowledge of electrical design calculations
· Familiar with Heat Tracing design
· Knowledge of Interfacing with DCS, SCADA, PLC etc.
· Strong client focus; able to represent the company professionally when communicating with clients and visiting client sites
· Demonstrate a high regard for safety, quality and environmental policies and procedures
· Ability to meet assignment schedule and deliver quality products under pressure
· Very good communication and writing skills to produce reports, scope documents and presentation materials