Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Lead Electrical Commissioning Technician - Inside of IR35 to be based in Southampton.
· Perform pre commissioning and commissioning testing as required
· Perform electrical discipline walkdowns and establish punchlist as required
· Reviewing of engineering drawings and red/ green line as required
· Being a technician lead position assisting the project team, by ensuring contractors/vendors understand & work to our expectations for safety & correct quality of right first time install Procedure generation & review
· Isolate/ de isolate LV electrical equipment up to 440V AC
· Act as performing authority on site PTW
· Relevant trade certificate in Electrical discipline
· Able to work both on own initiative with minimum supervision and also as part of the team
· Site experienced/with diverse knowledge in HV/MV and LV electrical equipment
· Ideally authorized up 440V level (development opportunity)
· ATEX Certified
· Experience working in commissioning department on refinery or Oil & Gas facility
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.