Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent Kazakhstan Technical Services (KKTS) are currently recruiting Senior Telecoms Technicians (Level 3) for a major project in Tengiz. The Senior Telecoms Technician will report to the Telecoms Supervisor.
- Knowledge of best practice and procedures in line with large-scale industrial projects.
- Fully trained in all Safety related subjects outlined by Company such as RoK regulatory Requirements, Environment concerns, Safe Operations, Emergency Response, Firefighting and breathing Air Equipment, JHA, permit to work & MOC.
- Fully trained in Incident & Injury Free and fully understand the expectations, duties and responsibilities
- Complete Pre-Commissioning/Commissioning activities as per project procedures.
- Fully trained to sign permits using the permit to work system and capable to lead the tool box meeting and ensure the JHA is fully understood by the technicians and trainees.
- Possess all the qualifications outlined under Telecoms Technician
- Act as mentor and supervise technicians and trainees
- Capable to with vendors to facilitate commissioning execution works on the following Telecom systems: FOC, PAGA, ACS, CCTV, Radio, Voice and Data Networks
- Knowledge of electrical schematic diagram, aware of the hazard and danger with electrical equipment
- Fully trained in Layout Drawing, Block Diagrams, Interconnection and Termination diagram reading.
- Competent in Telecom system equipment commissioning and fault finding.
- Good hands on experience of Telecoms systems such as FOC, PAGA, ACS, CCTV, Radio, Voice and Data Networks, Structured Cabling System
- Solve problems by using a combination of standard procedures, modification of standard procedures, or methods developed in previous assignments.
- Conduct Pre-Commissioning Telecom Tests.
- Set up and operates test equipment and records test data.
- Repair, install, test and commission of all types of Telecom related equipment.
- Competent and experienced in working with Hazardous area certified equipment.
- Knowledge of basic Electrical equipment and testing such as Multi-meter & Megger Test.
- Knowledge of FOC test equipment such as OTDR, Optical Power Meters, Visual Fault Locator (Laser)
- Knowledge of RF and coaxial cable test equipment such as to VSWR Tester and RF Power Meter.
- Knowledge of Voice, Data Structured Cable test equipment such as LAN Tester, LAN Analyzer, POE Tester.
- Knowledge of PAGA test such as Impedance Meter, SPL Meter and Portable Amplifier.
- Knowledge of ACS/Security test equipment such as CCTV Tester.
- Knowledge of basic LAN/networking such as IP Address, TCP/IP, Serial Communication, Web Interface.
- Experienced in using a wide variety of test equipment to include but not limited to, OTDR, Optical power meters, SPL Meter, impedance meter & Multi meter.
- Commissioning and integration testing with Automation systems for (PAGA & ACS). \
- Completion of commissioning documentation to include but not limited to, check sheets, Commissioning redlines and Site Acceptance procedures.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree / Diploma in Engineering
- Basic computer training such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Excellent in written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent practice of English, ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Details about the role:
Relocation required: No
Travel required: No
Contract type: Rotational