Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting for an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer in Sarnia, Ontario with experience in Engineering, procurement and consulting. The Engineer’s duties will be carried out under the direction/guidance of the Automation/Instrumentation Engineering Manager or Project Discipline Lead and ranging from;
- Acting Sub-lead on multiple small service order to sustaining capital green field projects
- Quality checking and design guidance for all 2D/3D CADD Drafting and design.
- Preparing and checking Instrument Loop diagrams as well as Control Systems cabinets design and wiring.
- Participating in design reviews, HAZOPs and SILA/LOPAs.
- Preparing and checking of hook-up, installation and Instrument/Fire and Gas location plans.
- Performing instrument engineering; including Instrument selection, specification, and inline device sizing calculations.
- Prepare / Provide guidance for preparation of control system (BPCS, ESD, F&G, etc) design, procurement and implementation.
- Support in the development of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s)
- Reviewing project documents for scope, presentation, and technical accuracy.
- Developing Material Requisitions for field instruments, automated valves, control systems and completion of Technical Bid Evaluations.
- Reviewing and approving vendor documents.
- Development of Control Narratives and Cause and Effect diagrams / SDK’s.
- Support for providing estimates for engineering work.
- Interfacing and approving mechanical equipment packages on behalf of the instrumentation and controls department scope of work.
- Providing field support to on-site personnel and the construction management team.
- Assist in providing technical support to engineering groups at site.
- Interfacing with various engineering disciplines, suppliers, and other areas of the company.
- Manage assigned work effectively, including prioritizing, executing, managing schedule and budget, and reporting, to meet project goals.
- Completing weekly and monthly progress reporting to the client along with Bi-Weekly schedule reviews
- Site Visits as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Instrumentation/Control Systems from an accredited University or College.
- Experience working with SPI (Smart Plant Instrumentation) is considered an asset.
- 10+ years of instrumentation Engineering/Design experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Expertise using Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI) and knowledge of 2D/3D design/drafting.
- Proven track record of successful projects.
- Highly motivated and organized.
- Understanding and familiarity of API, ASME, CSA and ISA codes and directives.
- Site experience in construction or commissioning of plant Instrumentation and Control Systems would be an asset.
- Registration with PEO as a P.ENG/Limited License would be considered an asset.