Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is seeking Instrument Pre Com Technicians for a Pre-Commissioning/Commissioning long-term Project in Kitimat, BC.
- Act as mentor and lead/supervise technicians and trainees.
- Solve problems using a combination of standard procedures, modification of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments and support junior technicians.
- Conduct tests and calibrations.
- Set up and operate test equipment and record test data.
- Gradient tests of heat equipment of long precision and its certification.
- Perform loop checks and function tests from DCS system or PLC based control system to the Control Room/RIE
- Experienced in the repair, control, installation, testing, commissioning, tuning and calibration works on general types of automatic and electrical equipment, projection and optical systems, radioactive instruments, radio installations and location finder installations.
- Conduct all types measuring equipment tests, including reference equipment of Accuracy Class: 0.01 and above.
- Testing and commissioning works for automatic units with complex electronic diagrams, automatically controlled monitoring and reinforcing units.
- Testing of installations and systems used for physical quantities measuring.
- Certified Hazardous Area (Ex) Competency.
- Check and test all of the equipment used for engineering measurement of electronic and semiconducting devices, integrated and logical circuits.
- Commissioning and integrated testing of all of the installation diagrams of technological equipment.
- Knowledge of how to populate Commissioning B & C check-sheets, redline mark-up and updating of instrument loop diagrams, P&ID’s and Datasheets.
- Assist in (Site Acceptance Test (SAT) activities of DCS/FGS/SIS control systems, package supplied control systems and analyser systems.
- Assist Mechanical pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
Qualification/ Skills Requirement:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience.
- Trained and familiar with System Completions database including B and C check sheets.
- Knowledge of best practice and procedures in line with large-scale industrial projects.
- Fully trained in all Safety related subjects outlined by Company such as Environment Concerns, Safe Operations, Emergency Response, Fire-Fighting and breathing Air Equipment, JHA, PTW, MOC and SERIP.
- Fully trained in Incident & Injury Free and fully understand the expectations, duties and responsibilities
- Complete Pre-Commissioning/Commissioning activities as per project procedures.
- Full understanding of Permit to Work systems, able to sign for work permits, lead the Toolbox Talk and ensure the JHA is fully understood by technicians and trainees.
- Fully trained in P&ID and PFD diagram reading.
- Fully trained in Process & equipment and related trouble shooting.
- Fully trained in Company process control systems, Plant Operations, Fire and Gas detection, Process Operations Trouble shooting and understand typical process reactions.
- Possess basic computer training such as Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Fully trained in the use of hand tools, operation of test equipment, calibration tools and simulator devices/hand-held communicator used for conducting loop test.
- Knowledge of instrumentation hook up drawing, pneumatic/hydraulic tubing hook up.
- Knowledge of Cause & Effects Diagrams, Logic Diagrams and Control Narratives.
- Knowledge of electrical schematic diagrams and instrument loop diagrams.
- Knowledge of Temperature, Pressure, Level, Flow and analyser instrumentation devices.
- Knowledge of Control Valves and self-acting regulators.
- Knowledge of On-Off valves, Shutdown Valves and Blowdown Valves.
- Knowledge of Motor Operated Valves and Damper Motors.
- Knowledge of F&G Systems, Gas Detection and Fire Detection Devices.
- Knowledge of Vibration sensor/transducer and monitoring devices.
- Knowledge of thermal instrumentation devices control.
*** Please be advised that this posting is in reference to a future need and does not reflect any position(s) currently open within Kent. Should you wish to have your details entered into the corporate database to be considered for future projects, please submit your resume to this job posting.***