Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the Job:
We are looking for a Perth based Principal Instrument and Control Engineer. The Principal Instrumentation & Control Engineer is responsible for contributing to all aspects of Instrumentation & Control engineering design to meet the technical competency expectations of Kent and its clients.
As a senior member of the Instrumentation & Control engineering team you will need to work closely and communicate effectively with the other disciplines, Kent management and client representatives to ensure the company’s reputation for high quality products and services is maintained.
All principal engineer roles include responsibility for discipline input to estimates and proposals, and subsequent production of design deliverables within agreed budget and schedule constraints.
The role will involve working as part of a growing team producing work for the oil and gas, and Energy Transmission industries. Work will involve engineering design/advice and may include the following:
- Performing all work in accordance with the Kent Quality Management and Health, Safety & Security System and within agreed time and schedule constraints.
- Participation as Principal Instrumentation & Control Engineer in Multidiscipline Studies for the Early Phases (Feasibility, Option Selection, Concept Studies) in Greenfield and Brownfield development projects
- Leadership of Projects and Teams as part of the Instrumentation & Control engineering capability within the Kent Perth office
- Liaison with clients, developing and maintaining customer relationships and fee earning opportunities
- Liaison with suppliers and contractors
- Liaison with the other disciplines, clients’ engineering and production personnel to ensure consistent basis for all input parameters
- Coordination of Instrumentation & Control engineering studies
- Feasibility and conceptual design studies
- Detail design
- Report and specification writing
- Definition of development options and parameters for cost estimates
- Documentation of assumptions and assessment of development risks for each option
- Analysis and design
- Testing and commissioning of Instrumentation & Control plant
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving
- Technical/commercial due-diligence advice
- Site survey and inspection activities
Education and Skills
- Degree qualified in Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Demonstrate safety leadership
- Support for business strategy and business development planning and execution
- Ability to act in an Owner’s Engineer role on behalf of the client to oversee the technical and performance obligations of vendors
- Experience of large or medium scale onshore / offshore oil and gas industry
- Significant experience in the development processes employed within the oil and gas industry, with particular experience in identification and screening of development concepts and FEED
- Previous experience with conceptual studies, detailed design, system studies, engineering calculations, specification and data sheet preparation, vendor and client coordination, in depth knowledge of plant layout
- Experience with Field Instrumentation including pressure, flow, level, temperature, analysis instrumentation, and control systems including process control, safety & shutdown systems and Fire and Gas systems.
- Well conversant with hazardous area classification
- Willingness to visit different sites including offshore platforms
- Ability to work with little or no supervision depending on the complexity of the scope
- Ability to provide technical guidance and direction to less experienced engineers as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well conversant with International standards, e.g. IEEE / IEC / BS / AS-NZS / ANSI.