Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is seeking a HVAC Lead Technician for a Pre-Commissioning/Commissioning long-term Project.
- Document and assess current process control network.
- System Owner for all HVAC systems and sub systems within the Area associated with their discipline(s) as detailed by the Commissioning Area lead.
- Fully integrated with CMT, Start Up and Operations through all phases of the project to initial plant operation, ensuring a seamless handover to Operations and acceptance of the facilities.
- Instructs, supervises, and provides technical direction to a multi-disciplined technician team, vendors, and specialist subcontractors/third party personnel in the area to deliver to Static & Dynamic Commissioning targets.
- Supports the Area Commissioning Leads on discipline specific issues.
- Accountable for maintaining the Commissioning team’s performance, efficiency, productivity, and delivery to schedule.
- Detailed Work preparation including job packs, materials, tools plant and equipment.
- Work planning, resource planning and forecasting, including Level 5 planning development and support.
- Progress and productivity reporting against the Area schedules and ISCT performance metrics.
- Support maintenance of the Systems Completion Database and Planning interface for MC and Commissioning progress tracking, reporting certification, and quality purposes.
- Understanding of and works in accordance with Project design, each disciplines standards and HVAC specifications, the Systems Completion Plan and Control Procedures.
- Ensures all test documentation, records, as-builts and related Commissioning and Handover documentation is completed correctly and comprehensively (supported by TO/HO team).
- Support development of Commissioning (Static & Dynamic) Management Procedures, Systems Acceptance Procedures/Progress Monitoring, Turnover and Completion Packages, and provide input to Start-up and Operating Procedures.
- Identify and manages discipline commissioning resource needs, tools, test equipment, plant, spares etc.
- Ensure the right resource levels and technical skills are assigned to meet the Area’s schedule and HVAC commissioning execution requirements.
- Ensure required competencies and work standards are maintained in the team and any deficiencies are addressed.
- Accountable for scheduling, call off, direction and control of specialist discipline vendors.
- Area Blue Room regular attendance and reporting.
- Support the TO/HO team with MC Turnover from Construction, and with the Handover of Commissioned Systems to Operations.
- Ensuring that equipment and systems are fully commissioned at Handover, and ready to operate in compliance with the TCP.
- Interface with Company Safety Advisor and Contractor Safety Officers to ensure a safe and environmentally sound job area.
- Responsible for Safety and Environmental controls for activities in all buildings, systems and zones within their areas of activity under ISCT Care, Custody and Control (support from ISCT HSE team).
- Assurance of required permitting, isolations, zero energy states and full compliance with ISCT and Area Prime Safe Working practices, methods and processes including JSA’s / FLRA’s / Toolbox talks etc.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- College technical diploma and/or equivalent discipline/vocational qualification or 10+ years of relevant and transferable Project/Engineering/Commissioning experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Project Completion standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria.
- Established track record in supervision of large teams through Mechanical Completion, Commissioning, Start Up and initial plant operations.
- Proven strong technical skills in discipline subject matter.
- Strong understanding of work planning, scheduling, and tracking.
- Demonstrated work ethic with delivery focus with strong organizational ability.
- Exposure to Oil Company practices, processes, and expectations with respect to Systems Completion, Preservation, Commissioning and Start Up operations.
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as required to function effectively within a project team and to communicate with project management, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience in mission control environments is a plus.
- Windows server and workstation OS administration experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills required.