Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our Purpose and Beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging. Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the Job:
Kent is recruiting a HSE Manager to oversee the overall safety and environmental design of a major commissioning & startup project in Port Arthur, TX.
- HSE Manager will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of the overall safety and environmental design of the project.
- Ensure that it meets the Client’s technical and engineering specifications, as well as all relevant statutory obligations.
- Establish and communicate to the lead process engineer, the applicable legislation, codes and standards to be complied with.
- Work in the engineering teams under the direction of lead engineers preparing and producing HSE engineering deliverables for projects. Will be expected to assume lead engineer in the absence of lead engineer.
- Contribute to the design of engineering solutions and produce detailed designs and specifications. Prepare deliverables to meet specific project requirements including:
- Project HSE Plans
- HSE Philosophies
- Fire & Gas System Specification
- Active and Passive Fire Protection
- Fire Fighting Layouts
- Fire and Gas Detection Layouts
- Safety Key Plans
- Hazardous Area Classification Layouts
- Engineering Studies Reports (Gas Dispersion Analysis, Fire and Explosion, etc.)
- Risk Assessment Studies Reports (HZIDS, HAZOPS, SILs, etc.)
COACHING/ MENTORING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the technical aspects of procurement of equipment and services including preparation of requisitions, technical bid evaluation, vendor data review, scope development and management and problem solving.
- To participate, lead and /or facilitate engineering studies.
- Proficient in interpreting P&IDs, Cause and Effects charts, Environmental Data, and use the information for interdisciplinary support.
- Evaluate designs done by others and prepare reports. Prepare minutes of meeting. Prepare and deliver presentations of engineering designs.
- Check the technical completeness and correctness of work done by other engineers.
- Represent the project team and company for factory inspections, presentations, seminars etc.
- Contribute to maintaining and enhancing quality management.
- Proficient with international Codes and Standards, Industry Best Practice and Safety Regulations.
- Proficient in demonstration of ALARP and building a Safety Case.
- Supervise, direct and control the safety environmental engineering, noise control, risk analysis, reliability and HAZOP functions, including the preparation of associated philosophies, reports, specifications, drawings and data sheets.
- Establish the design bases and philosophies for fire protection, fire detection and safety ventilation systems, and to co-ordinate / monitor work related to these functions.
- Control of the team to ensure adherence to programme and man- hour control requirements.
- Administration requirements for the project including:
- Maintenance of the document control procedures and systems
- Ensuring control turnaround documents are completed in accordance with project requirements.
- Ensuring holds diaries are maintained.
- Ensuring satisfactory filing and retrieval systems are set up for use by the discipline and for maintenance of long-term records.
- Ensuring that inputs to progress reports are issued in accordance with project requirements.
- Provide adequate notice of required changes to staffing levels to the Lead Process Engineer.
- Initiating and monitoring Quality Assurance requirements of project procedures, in conjunction with the Lead Process Engineer.
HSE AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage, mentor, support and motivate local staff in their development and integration into the positive values and culture within the group.
- Provide opportunities and guidance that enable the transfer of learning into effective practice for local staff and their managers.
- Assess the skills, values and knowledge of new and current staff against the standards that apply to their role in order to devise individual, sector and service development plans.
- Provide learning opportunities related to the assessed needs of staff including induction and induction mentorship and continuing development opportunities, regularly reviewing and evaluating their experiences over their employment journey.
Your Knowledge/skill, education and experience:
- Maintain standards of HSE and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements. Take reasonable care one’s of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace. Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements
- BS Degree will be preferred