Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
- Providing technical leadership for Kent’s Hydrogen initiative for Green Hydrogen production
- Supporting Consultancy Business Development, including technical presentations to clients during the tender phase and preparing Consultancy Proposals (including technical execution methods, man-hour estimates and schedule development)
- Taking responsibility for managing Hydrogen studies - screening, feasibility studies, conceptual definition and working on FEED/ Detailed Design projects as Technology Manager responsible for managing 3rd party licensors/ specialist vendors and integration of their work into the overall FEED/ Detailed Design project
- Managing studies as described above to the highest standards and within agreed budgets. Identifying resource requirements, management of day to day work and regularly reporting progress to both client and Senior Management
- Attending Energy Transition conferences and industry groups as an active participant and presenter
- Capable of managing/ directing engineers and specialist consultants of all disciplines
- Working closely with our clients, many of whom spend considerable time within our offices, to produce bespoke and optimal solutions
- Preparation of reports and presentation of results to clients
- Taking full technical ownership of the work
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline. Chartered Engineer status
- Extensive experience in Blue Hydrogen and Green Hydrogen Study/ FEED/ Engineering management
- Leadership experience, must have experience of managing Engineers and specialists from all disciplines
- Experience in successfully managing studies of different durations and at times multiple teams
- In depth knowledge of Green hydrogen production, particularly Electrolysis and subsequent liquefication, storage and transport
- Capable of performing duties on multiple tasks with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets
- Excellent knowledge of Green Hydrogen Plant overall design and Wind Farm and Solar Farm systems with strong knowledge in particular of Electrolyser units and required supporting utility systems
- Conceptual design competency and experience in the onshore downstream/ refinery industry
- Management of teams of multi-discipline engineers
- Excellent intrapersonal skills
- Manage the preparation of cost estimates for studies
- Ability to think innovatively, practically and pragmatically
- Capable of structuring bespoke highly technical reports and presentations
- Interfacing, presenting and discussing complex issues with Clients as well as project management/ commercial aspects
- Planning and forecasting ability
- Hand on approach to technically manage the work and lead the development of the study
- Understanding of construction requirements and the limitations that these could impose on option selection
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.