If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
The Graduate Instrument & Control (I&C) Engineer is responsible for aspects of instrument & control engineering design to meet the technical competency expectations of Kent and its clients.
As a member of Instrument & Control (I&C) engineering team you will work closely and will be required to communicate effectively with other disciplines and project management to ensure Kent reputation for high quality output and services is maintained.
• Create field instrumentation and control system engineering design in accordance with the relevant industry codes and standards whilst meeting best engineering practice.
• Perform sizing/calculations and design work in accordance with the Kent Quality Management System.
• Liaison with instrument vendors/suppliers, package vendor as required.
• Work closely with electrical/instrument designers for developing of instrumentation drawings.
• Collaboration with other discipline engineers (Process, Mechanical, Piping, Electrical etc.) to execute in multidiscipline project environment.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
• Be a Permanent Resident or Australian citizen or visa holder with full working rights within Australia
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation or Control Engineering.
• Solid academic results.
• Membership of Institution of Engineers Australia (IE Aust) would be an advantage.
• Relevant vacation work e.g., in oil and gas design, new energy or operating environment will be advantageous.
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Team working
• Problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated strong presentation and communication skills
• Good critical thinking and able to give creative solutions to complex issues
• Strong analytical and report writing skills
• Self motivated
• Commitment to client satisfaction and quality of work