Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
- Develops digital mapping database to cover all the concession areas and introduce the latest GIS systems to enable effective utilization of the data. The digital data includes high spatial resolution satellite imageries, and LIDAR/Radar data as well as conventional aerial photography and line maps.
- Prepares Tender Document, including scope of work and technical specifications relating to surveys requested for prospective development projects within the concession areas. The surveys comprise topographic, Geodetic, Hydrographic, Satellite imagery
- Plans and implement the establishment of Geodetic Network to provide adequate control for the setting out of geo locations, Engineering surveys and Aerial mapping.
- Develop effective map servicing system to cater for requests by the different departments. The services include digital/ hardcopies maps produced from Aerial photos, Satellite imagery and line maps. Assigns survey works to Geodetic Engineers in all field areas, both onshore and offshore relating to the precise positioning of geo locations and ensures that positional information is timely available for end users program implementation.
- Provide professional services on Geospatial Engineering matters within the organization and occasionally
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Provide Geospatial services data for internal and external stakeholders
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Section / Department policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section’s / Department work programs in line with Company and International standards. Performance Management
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the function in line with the Company Performance framework. Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with best Industry standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function. Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and Code of Practices. Reports.
- Provide inputs to prepare progress reports for Company Management. Generic Accountabilities (continue) Internal Communications & Working Relationships Contact with line Manager and other employees within the company/Group as required External Communications & Working Relationships Contact with external parties including consultants, third party service providers, and government agencies as required
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from recognized University
- Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills 10 years of experience Geospatial works,
- Familiar with Geospatial GIS - Digital Twin
- Mobile LiDAR Mapping
- Terrestrial Survey and Mapping
- Topographic and hydrographic Marine Survey and mapping
- Bathymetric LiDAR Survey and mapping
- 3D Mesh Models, DTM, DSM, Vector and Raster
- Satellite Images
4.Must have experience with Geospatial Software
- Esri Package (ArcMap , ArcCatalog and so on )
- Orbit viewer and feature extraction
- Global mapper, Surfer, Tera solid, AutoCAD, Revit and MicroStation
- Skyline service package
5. Familiar with Database Management
6. Familiar with Web application services
Details about the role:
Location: Abu Dhabi
Relocation required: N/A
Travel required: N/A
Contract type: Full time
Experience level: Mid