Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
The Structures Team at Kent has a Year In-Industry opportunity, open to structural, mechanical and civil engineering students in their third year and above. If you’d like to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]. The closing date for applications is 24/03/2023.
As a member of our Epsom team you will have the opportunity to support the winning and delivery of our global portfolio of projects including concept and detailed design of wind, oil and gas structures. You will also be using linear and non-linear finite element assessment methods to assess existing structures for the purposes of brownfield development, asset management, life extension and decommissioning. This will include everything from hand calculations and written reports to linear and non-linear analysis work. The role will allow you to develop technical and project skills through targeted training & on the job experience.
The starting date is flexible, but we’re looking for the candidate to be available for up to 12 months. Our office is located in Epsom. Whilst we’d prefer the candidate to mostly work from the office, there is the potential for working from home too.
· Designing the next phase of the world’s offshore wind farms, whether that’s floating or fixed foundations as well as Offshore Substations, from concepts right through to operation.
· Creating finite element models in our advanced structural analysis teams using a variety of software and programming languages.
· Developing life extension plans for ageing structures in the O&G market as well as power boosts for OSW WTGs.
· Designing large scale multi-disciplinary greenfield and brownfield oil & gas projects.
· Improving efficiency offshore through inspection activities, development of risk-based inspection work scopes and operational support.
· Determining the fatigue and fracture reliability of structures with our highly specialised experts.
· Interfacing directly with clients, representing our teams to discuss engineering solutions to complex problems.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Working towards a degree in Civil, Mechanical or Structural Engineering.
· A passion for working in a consultancy environment.
· Embracing equality, diversity and inclusion in everything you do.
· A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions.
· Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team.
· Comfortable to embrace agile ways of working and learning new technologies.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.