Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Sr. Project Engineer for Kent Houston office that will be the single point of accountability for engineering scope execution on assigned projects in South Texas (Victoria, Matagorda, Chocolate Bayou).
Project Engineer will work with the discipline leads to:
- Ensure that assigned projects are executed in accordance with Project Procedures (e.g. Project Execution Plan, Engineering Directives), Kent Quality Process, Client Standards, and applicable Industry Codes and Regulatory Requirements.
- Clarify and communicate the project scope to Team members. The Project Engineer is the custodian of the work scope and shall work with the Client and the Team to resolve discipline scope queries.
- Recognize and proactively resolve Inter-Discipline, Vendor, and Client interface issues to ensure the timely flow of accurate information.
- Ensure schedules are developed in accordance with Client expectations and project needs. The Project Engineer shall work with the Team to ensure a correct sequence of work (e.g. predecessor / successor) and key interfaces with the Client and third parties (e.g. data exchange, review cycles) are reflected in the schedule.
- Ensure staffing needs for assigned projects are reflected in associated staffing plans.
- Monitor project performance and communicate performance and issues as appropriate to internal and external stakeholders. Ensure all project reporting requirements – both internal and external – are met.
- Ensure project team members execute timely change management with clear communication to both internal interfaces (e.g. internal functions such as engineering, procurement, etc.) and external interfaces (e.g. Client, Vendor).
- Ensure proper project documentation is maintained from project initiation to close-out.
- Ensure work hour estimates are scope compliant and developed in accordance with the established workshare division of responsibility (DOR) and deliverable / activity norms.
- 7 to 12 years of Industry experience w/3+ years minimum as a discipline lead engineer.
- PE License Preferred.
- Refining/Petrochemical experience required.
- Multiple Office execution/HVEC experience required.
- B.S. in Engineering/Engineering technology required.
- Site/Brownfield experience (2 years minimum) required.